Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Dec 8, 2005, 04:12 PM   #1
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

Need logo converted to vector file

Please! Someone.... if you could, I need the logo below converted to an adobe illustrator file. I know about Auto Trace, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the actual photoshop image from the background after I've traced over everything. I also can't figure out how to auto trace letters (and not the entire letter, when I do it now, it thinks the middle of closed letters are all one). Anywho, if someone could trace it and refill the letters with the same green, it would be very much appreciated.

I have a larger version if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BurncoatDanceFinal (small).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	36534  
Old Dec 8, 2005, 05:48 PM   #2
iris_failsafe
macrumors 6502

Send a message via MSN to iris_failsafe
There are many things that you can do. First when you import the image (with Place) click the option that says as Template, that will create a special layer with the image locked and with some transparency. Now you can draw with the pen on top and basically re draw the logo. In my experience is the best way.

If you want to retrace the image open the image on a separate layer and retrace then view the images as outline and deselect the image it should be easy since it will be shown as a square.

Or C get a copy of Adobe Streamline, that program does it for you but unfortunately some "genius" at Adobe stop the development of it. It only works on classic.

Cheers

Last edited by iris_failsafe; Dec 8, 2005 at 05:54 PM.
iris_failsafe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:15 PM   #3
chaosbunny
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris_failsafe
Or C get a copy of Adobe Streamline, that program does it for you but unfortunately some "genius" at Adobe stop the development of it. It only works on classic.

Cheers
Not completely true. It is now a feature of Adobe Illustrator CS2. Works much better than the original Streamline and you do not need an additional program.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris_failsafe
There are many things that you can do. First when you import the image (with Place) click the option that says as Template, that will create a special layer with the image locked and with some transparency. Now you can draw with the pen on top and basically re draw the logo. In my experience is the best way.

If you want to retrace the image open the image on a separate layer and retrace then view the images as outline and deselect the image it should be easy since it will be shown as a square.

Cheers
Humm... I don't want to have to redraw it (over the template) with my tablet. I'll try Streamline... I do have that app but totally forgot about it.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:21 PM   #5
stevep
macrumors 6502a

In Illustrator CS2, choose Object > Live Trace > Trace and Expand. You can then select the traced outlines and copy them into a new document. You might need to play with the fill and stroke colours (ie remove any fills and apply a thin black stroke so you can see what you're doing.
Not sure what you mean about the letters - you should be able to delete the interior paths if you want to.

Edit - just had to try it out to make sure I wasn't waffling. I've now got a 1.2mB file sitting on my desktop which I can mail you if you want - pm me and tell me what version of illustrator you want it saved in.

Last edited by stevep; Dec 8, 2005 at 06:30 PM.
stevep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:29 PM   #6
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

Alright, I got it traced... Now I need to re-color the letters green. How do I do so?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:33 PM   #7
stevep
macrumors 6502a

see my edited post above!
stevep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:37 PM   #8
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

I am using CS1.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 06:59 PM   #9
Plymouthbreezer
macrumors 601

Gasp, I figured it out. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 09:53 PM   #10
Sparky's
macrumors 6502a

If you want to get really clean type the font is "Lucida Casual-Italic" tweaked a little but thats it.
Attached Images

24"iMac, Adobe CS4, 1T LaCie backup drive

Last edited by Sparky's; Dec 8, 2005 at 10:02 PM.
Sparky's is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics