Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Re: iphone, could they use this hardware?

Originally posted by pruiz10
because it supports lunix, could apple use it's iphone app thinggie to work with this phone?
http://www.intrinsyc.com/products/pda/

"and others via Intrinsyc's IBoot bootloader technology."
http://www.intrinsyc.com/investors/pressreleases/2002/9_9_2002.asp
I hope not! The damn this is ugly!

pda_front_medium.jpg

And besides, why would Apple want to use a device just because it suppors Linux?

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
iPhone is rumored to be na iApp for syncing phones and apps on the mac.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
less for syncing, considering there already *is* such a program, but more for making phone calls presumably... cheaper than long distance :)

if apple was going to make an iPhone, i think they'd want to be the first to bring streaming two-way videophone to cellphones, i mean it's one of the few things Apple could really do to revolutionize things... i know i'm obsessed with videophone, but you can already stream live newscasts down... and they already have cameras...

:)
pnw

atomicon

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2003
Los Angeles
I agree. I think Apple would kick much ass if they came out with something as cool as a real video phone. I'm thinking this is very possible -- MPEG-4 is already in use in some Japanese phones; there have been rumors of Apple working on some sort of camera for a while; the iPhone rumors themselves and the trademarks that have appeared; the fact that iChat had future video-conferencing capabilities planned (as evidenced by the fact that phone & video camera icons are embedded in it); also, hasn't Steve himself hinted at video conferencing?
iChat with a webcam would enable you to video-call anyone else with the same setup, OR someone with an Apple-branded video phone! Video phone users would also be able to (obviously) call each other or regular phones.
Everyone would want one. It would truly be as revolutionary as the invention of the telephone. And Apple would be at the cutting edge, of course. I think it could happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.