Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adammgaines

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Tulsa, OK
It has NOT in my area. I live in Tulsa which is not New York but a pretty big metro area.

My house is a kinda new development and still does not show up in Apple Maps. The house is 2 years old, kinda a long time not have it show up in the satellite view.

Also The Tulsa Airport directions are terrible. Their website has a page about it because it take people to the middle of the airport to some hangers.

http://www.tulsaairports.com/to-and-from-tul/

I have also attached a photo of this, the red arrows are the correct route, while the blue arrows are what Apple Maps suggest.

I cannot recommend anyone to use Apple Maps with mistakes like this. I don't think Apple has improved them at all in my perspective.

Gonna have to stick to Google on this one.

Attachments

• Tulsa aiport apple maps.png
    Tulsa aiport apple maps.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Same here. Terrible accuracy and even worse reaction to reports.

I have been reporting the same error in Maps for a year now through the iPhone app. Apple has not yet managed to correct the spelling of my street. People coming to me are driving to wrong directions all the time.

Anybody has an email from Apple I can report the errors? Cause the report-button in the app just seems to be a fake. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.