Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I just got back from buying an accessory at my Apple Store and asking a guy if they expect iPhone-like lines Friday morning and he said they were inundated with that questions and definitely YES. So, what time do those of you who really want it get to the store? I seem to remember the last time I waited in line was for the iPhone that came with the new iOS with apps (3G or 3G s?), I got to the store around 6am and a line had already formed. I was thinking about getting to the mall around 5am with some movies loaded on my iPhone. Is that nuts or what many of you are planning?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
If I go the line up route I'll get in around 6am. But I'm unsure if the model I want (32 or 64 Space Gray ATT) will be that tough to find if I rolled in at 9am. There is always a line for new iDevices but usually not sustained for iPads. I bought my 16gb mini at 3pm on launch day.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I've been waiting for the iPad Air impatiently for 6 months, and I extremely can't wait to get it. However, I'm not going to wait in a line. I plan on calling Best Buy early in the morning to see if they have any, and how many. If I get one, Yay!, if not, I simply wait longer.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
If I go the line up route I'll get in around 6am. But I'm unsure if the model I want (32 or 64 Space Gray ATT) will be that tough to find if I rolled in at 9am. There is always a line for new iDevices but usually not sustained for iPads. I bought my 16gb mini at 3pm on launch day.

Hmm makes me wonder then. I know they said the mini's will be severely stock limited but maybe I will be able to get an Air without lining up at 6am. it is quite a fun experience actually to line up with other Mac geeks. ;-)

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I've been to my local Apple Store three times (two times helping a friend make a purchase). Each time I asked for particulars on how it would be handled. Each time all the information I received was they open at 8:00 a.m.

I'm assuming there will be the usual line for iPads (not as long as for the phone) and that staff will walk the line and ask people what configuration you want and check it against stock. That is a nice way to do it I think. That way you are not standing in line too long if they don't have what you want.

The mall cops couldn't tell me anything other than the mall opens early for walkers that exercise indoors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.