Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
I'm sure other people have posted their own benchmarks, but incase anyone is interested I ran a couple on the OSX side of things.

15" Retina Macbook Pro
2.3GHz i7
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
Intel Iris Pro 5200
Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB

Picked it up at Best Buy yesterday morning, but was busy all yesterday so just got my stuff up.

EWvxyrp.png

W885nwh.png

GeForce GT 750M:
ffOWGbo.png

Intel Iris Pro 5200:
bmBRDwU.png

If anyone would like something tested let me know, and I will try my best. I'm going to install and try out League of Legends and Diablo 3 later.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Nice.

Can you use gfxcardstatus to switch off the 750m, and rerun the graphics tests on the Iris Pro for comparison?

mthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Nice.

Can you use gfxcardstatus to switch off the 750m, and rerun the graphics tests on the Iris Pro for comparison?

hmmm.. I thought I did.. Maybe it didn't work. Let me try again.

Luftwaffles

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Kansas City, MO
If anyone would like something tested let me know, and I will try my best. I'm going to install and try out League of Legends and Diablo 3 later.
I'm very interested in how Diablo 3 turns out on the Iris Pro. Can you run separate tests for D3 on the GT750M and Iris Pro and give a side-by-side comparison?

Thanks for benchmarking and posting the results. I'm anxious to have mine delivered and reading benchmarks is about the only thing holding me over!

vijay08

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
SSD Speeds

I bought exactly the same config via Apple store, here are disk benchmarks

mthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Nice.

I did the test again (made sure Integrated: Iris Pro 5200 was only enabled) and it was the same stats as this screenshot:

bmBRDwU.png

Going to re-run it with Discrete Only to make sure the first one is accurate then download Diablo 3 and League of Legends for Mac.

and I just ran Blackmagic Disk Speed Test and got those same stats (give or take a few mb/s)

iPersian

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I did the test again (made sure Integrated: Iris Pro 5200 was only enabled) and it was the same stats as this screenshot:

Going to re-run it with Discrete Only to make sure the first one is accurate then download Diablo 3 and League of Legends for Mac.

and I just ran Blackmagic Disk Speed Test and got those same stats (give or take a few mb/s)

Is it a difference in temperature, battery and fan noise when dGPU is on/off?

aiyaaabatt

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
My 15'' haswell rmbp w/ dgpu got 13,652 multi-core on geekbench 3 64bit test.

Yours seems a little low.

mthos

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013

I only did the 32bit GeekBench as I didn't pay for it, so I couldn't run the 64 bit, so that seems about the right difference from what I've seen between 32 and 64 bit tests.

I just got Windows 7 Professional loaded up in Bootcamp, running very nice.

I dunno if anyone cares about Windows Experience Index, but here it is anyways.

f24snn.jpg

more to come.

Animalk

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2007
Montreal Canada
The 750M is much more powerful than the Iris Pro. Most benchmarks I have seen so far fail to demonstrate this.

Perhaps because they are running at too low of a resolution or there is a driver problem?

Can you possibly perform some tests at the screen's native resolution?

Orr

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2013

Naturally his is lower since the 64bit scores higher than the 32...
Scored 3150/12004 on 32bit and 3470/13549 on 64bit the other day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.