Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asioliu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
taipei
Sorry it's been covered before but I don't find workable solutions yet. I *stupidly* made my external RAID an OS X.85 "Recovery HD" with Apple official Recovery Disk Assistant 1.0, and thus accidentally erased all of the media on the media drive ( RAID 1).

Still testing these partition recovery apps: iPartition demo 3.43 & StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery 6.00 knows the "Recovery HD". I bought StellarPhoenixMacDataRecovery but it doesn't help.

AppleXsoft File Recovery for Mac (trial) takes around 4 hours to scan the 3TB RAID then find nothing at all. I didn't finish the reputable Data Rescue 3.23 & R-Studio for Mac tests yet. Both of them do see the erased volume but take hours to recognize the file names before recovery.

Right now testing with "Deep Scan" in EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (trial), for it is the only app that I've tried so far to show the folders & file names in the formatted partition when processing.

Any insights and comments on partition recovery apps (EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard vs Data Rescu vs R-Studio ) are much appreciated. TKS for your help.

-system: rMBP13/ OS X.85/ Apple's Recovery Disk Assistant 1.0/
external 3TB RAID via USB 3.0 ( how stupid to install "Recovery Disk Assistant" in this media drive w/RAID1 setup )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.