Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airbelchris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
For some reason firefox is cauesing system wide lag unless i reboot every 2-3 hours. before maverics i had to reboot every 2-3 days to completly exterminate lag.

i run 40-50 tabs on firefox at a time and close 100-200 every 2 hours. so before i attributed that to that slowing down the system and a quick reboot solved all lag whigh was minimal utill about 5 days where it became system effects lagging.

anyone else haveing this problem? should i use whetever firefox beta build is called i think nightly or aurora)

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
For some reason firefox is cauesing system wide lag unless i reboot every 2-3 hours. before maverics i had to reboot every 2-3 days to completly exterminate lag.

i run 40-50 tabs on firefox at a time and close 100-200 every 2 hours. so before i attributed that to that slowing down the system and a quick reboot solved all lag whigh was minimal utill about 5 days where it became system effects lagging.

anyone else haveing this problem? should i use whetever firefox beta build is called i think nightly or aurora)

Theres your problem. You are running beta software.

airbelchris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2013
no other browsers couse teh issue i have supposedly 8gb
IF2nlejO.png

and i used safari pretty hard with no issues. but nothing hos ever worked in firefox even after a clean system install. firefox is uesing 605mb safari is uesing 1gb

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
where can i get firefx 23. im on firefox 24 which is supposedly current.

I'm on Firefox 24 and haven't seen any problems under Mavericks, but then again I only ever have a few tabs open at a time. You could try creating a new profile in Firefox (with no add-ons) and see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't, add back your add-ons one by one. If you still don't see the problem, then most likely your original profile is corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.