Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/10/27/2013-macbook-pro-problems-so-far/

Has anyone who has bought this had these issues, or can enlighten us all further?

I have one of these with the i7/256 ssd/16 gig RAM config currently being built through the online store, yet to be shipped. I am considering giving Apple a call tomorrow to see if they can ensure mine does not have this issue before I get it...

I have a mid level 13". I have had 4 freeze ups but only when playing a game on Facebook. The computer is not totally frozen but neither the track pad or keyboard responds. Closing the lid for 30 seconds and reopening the lid seems to correct the problem.

NowConverted

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
London
I have a mid level 13". I have had 4 freeze ups but only when playing a game on Facebook.

Is it possible then that's a Flash-related* problem? Any issue with YouTube? (Even if in theory they could use HTML5 to play videos)

* the Adobe plugin, not the hard drive technology or the superhero

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
Is it possible then that's a Flash-related* problem? Any issue with YouTube? (Even if in theory they could use HTML5 to play videos)

* the Adobe plugin, not the hard drive technology or the superhero

I can only say that I have not had this problem any other time but when I am using Flash in a particular Facebook game. The problem has not occurred any other time. I played an entire youtube video yesterday with no problem but will try it again today and see if anything happens. Will post back:)

Titfink

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2008
I've had this twice so far on my late 2013 rMBP. I solve it by pressing the power button to take me to the login screen two or three times

Scott7975

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
I bought the wife the mid range one with 8GB RAM. She has not had any of these problems. It has run flawless. She doesn't use it that hard though. Does homework, uses chrome, Microsoft Office, and some Facebook games.

kanon14

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Hong Kong
Happened to me twice already. Once was when I was browsing Facebook and the second time was just an hour ago when I was editing photos in Aperture. Both times I just closed the lid and opened it again in 10 seconds and the trackpad and keyboard worked again.

stylusmobilus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
I bought the wife the mid range one with 8GB RAM. She has not had any of these problems. It has run flawless. She doesn't use it that hard though. Does homework, uses chrome, Microsoft Office, and some Facebook games.

Hopefully she continues to have trouble free computing. You don't want her to take it out on you if she does Scott :D

Too late, they have dispatched it. Fingers crossed...I get home from work on Thursday so I will give it a good test run before I hand it to my daughter.

Cheers!

JayDH

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Happens to me a couple times per day. It isn't Flash related because it happened before Flash was installed on the machine. It happens in a wide variety of applications as well. Closing the lid for ten seconds fixes it. Hope they patch this soon!

stylusmobilus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
So...I am on the computer now.

No problems so far. The biggest frustration we have had is with Sims 3. I put this down to EA not working enough with Mavericks.

My reasoning for buying a Mac is vindicated. This is by far the best computer I have ever used. Think I might bring my 15" forward...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.