Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andibey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
Hello,

I currently need a new Laptop for my freelance activities ( web design, print , SEO).

Currently I own a MBP 15", late 2008.

I'd like to spend 1.300 € so I tend to a MBA 13 " or 13 MBPr " .

How different are these two laptops? In progress reports will always spoken only by a marginal difference , the one prefer the retina, the others tend to Air .

Since I 'm working with Adobe CS5, and for this no retina support is given, to me is here also the question of whether you can work almost on the retina Book with this version , or whether the lack of retinal adaptation is simply too crass.

I would also like to know if the processor of the MBA ( i7 ) "strong " enough , or if after 3-4 years back , a new book must be purchased.

I had a short time in 2009 a MBA , I was very excited about it - but I swapped it around again, because the heat was very high, as always , the processor fan was running at full load , is this in the current Books still the case ?

Now I am asking me the following questions:

- are there many differences between these two laptops for my requirements?
- Is the i7 in the MBA "future proof " for the next 3-4 years ?

I've tested the MBP retina at a local dealer and i wasn't really enthusiastic about the retina effect. But in the past I've always bought the "Pro" Series and the Laptops were used 4-5 years. So I'm a little bit afraid by buying the MBA the Book will just can be used 2-3 years and i have to buy a new one, which isn't in my interest.

As you see , I have many questions and I hope that I will find some answers here !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.