Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mobius60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2013
I've been searching everywhere, but can't find the answer to this problem.
Since upgrading to Mavericks screen sharing pops up with "share display' and the remote has to grant permission to control the screen. I didn't have this in Mountain Lion. Is there any way to disable it? The user is in "Allow access" in the sharing pane, FYI.

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007
I've been searching everywhere, but can't find the answer to this problem.
Since upgrading to Mavericks screen sharing pops up with "share display' and the remote has to grant permission to control the screen. I didn't have this in Mountain Lion. Is there any way to disable it? The user is in "Allow access" in the sharing pane, FYI.

Disabling the firewall is the only way to ensure it works. But then you don't want to do that, so... Rock/Hard Place

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
I had issues if firewall was enabled. There's a log file at something like /var/log/appfirewall.log that had denies for screensharingd.

I removed screensharingd from the list of apps in the firewall section of the security control panel, disabled screen sharing, reenabled, and it still didn't work until I then rebooted. Al's good now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.