Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gc15

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Again heres another topic of me complaining about mavericks, but i found another problem. For some reason when i get an iMessage on my phone its not appearing on my mac at all. Im not getting one in the notification center or a bubble on the application, and yes the app is running, the new message does show up though. Has anybody else had this problem?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Same problem. Other haves it to (there are threads in Apple's forums). It's a bug that will hopefully be resolved soon.

alphaex32

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
I'm having the same problem. Just curious, do either of you still run iOS 6 on your phone? I'm still on 6.1.2 (I like my jailbreak too much to update) and I'm wondering if that could be the problem. I have a work computer still running mountain lion and I get imessage notifications on that machine so i'm wondering if its an iOS 6/Mavericks incompatibility issue.

ElliottG

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
I had this problem for a few days, and then I restarted my computer one day and the problem is gone and everything works fine now...very strange.

I don't own an iPhone though so I'm only using iMessage on my MBP, but I had the same problem with no notifications showing up...now it works fine.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Piping in... same issue last night, I ended up removing my Apple ID from Messages on my Mac, removed Messages from the notification center completely in System Preferences, restarted, re-enabled everything, and it went back to normal.

Makes me wonder if it was server-side or something with my computer... if others had the same issue, then it could possibly be server-side (although that doesn't make sense, because I don't think notifications are based on servers, just notifying what the app says, in this case Messages, which DID get the messages)... really weird. iCloud tabs were also not syncing too, which leads me to think something was going wonky last night.

But, yeah, do try what I did. If all fails, try another user account and see if the problem persists. Annoying, I know, but I guess that's part of dealing with a 10.x.0 release.

alphaex32

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
I tried what KoolAid did and that didnt solve it. I've reset my PRAM multiple times and rebooted many more. Also, I don't believe this is a server issue because I have an older laptop running mountain lion and I'm getting notifications fine on that one. I've also tried making a brand new user account on the same computer and that still doesn't fix it, which points to a deeper issue in mavericks. I'm wondering if this might have something to do with upgrading to the mavericks release version from the developer GM (I have a developer account). A total format and reinstall will be my last resort.

arnoz

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Switzerland
Same issue here, Skype, FLowdock and Messages seems to sporadically display a notification, then not anymore for a couple of days again.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
same here. I get messages to my iPhone but not in my mac. But When I reply to the message from the mac it goes through and it gets updated in my iPhone as well.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
Again heres another topic of me complaining about mavericks, but i found another problem. For some reason when i get an iMessage on my phone its not appearing on my mac at all. Im not getting one in the notification center or a bubble on the application, and yes the app is running, the new message does show up though. Has anybody else had this problem?

It might be worth checking Messages | Preferences | Accounts

In there is a section defining how you can be reached on your Mac. I, for example, have my iPhone's number and my Apple ID email address defined in the "You can be reached for messages at" section.

You can also stipulate from where you want new conversations to start on your Mac.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
yes it is a knwon bug from time to time the notification for imessage is disable..For now the only solution is to log out or restart

macgabe

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2012
This has just started happening on my iMac and Mac Book Air. Also not getting calendar or email or messages notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.