Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunbowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Whangarei
So today, I spilt a energy drink on my wireless keyboard which ive only had the iMac for atleast a month.

I instantly tipped it upside down and cleaned it up with a towel and worked fine.
But then the keys started sticking including the space bar so I followed cleaning instructions and took keys off and cleaned them.

I left them dry for abit, went back on and the keys are stiff and sticky still and ive cleaned them atleast twice and still no luck.

What should I do? I dont have a local apple store (2hr drive) and it isnt under warranty. (Im in New Zealand)

Thanks!

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've had coffee and red wine fall into these new alu keyboards, only to result in a new keyboard.
But in my case keys had died.

if it's just the sticking you might be lucky, but these keyboards aren't really service friendly and you might be happier getting a new one (except for the priceof course)

shaunbowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Whangarei
I've had coffee and red wine fall into these new alu keyboards, only to result in a new keyboard.
But in my case keys had died.

if it's just the sticking you might be lucky, but these keyboards aren't really service friendly and you might be happier getting a new one (except for the priceof course)

Thanks for the response, yeah my keys still work but are just stiff.
Letting it be overnight hopefully clears up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.