Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:47 AM   #1
JerseyDoug
macrumors regular

iOS 7.0.3 upgrade failed on iPad 3

So, I decided to upgrade to 7.0.3 on my iPad '3'. Oops

The upgrade installed, but when the iPad rebooted I got the graphic telling me to connect it to iTunes for a reset. Having no other choice I did so. The result was my iPad was setup as new and I had to download all my apps.

Fortunately, I use my iPad primarily for surfing, reading and the like Omnifocus interface vs that of my phone or MBP. Unfortunately, I lost all my iBook bookmarks, notes, etc. Well, the bookmarks are still listed, but they don't link to correct spot in the book.

Anyone else have a similar experience? First times ever had a problem with an upgrade. I upgraded my iPhone, no problem. Upgraded my MBP to Mavericks, no problem. So, I'm 2 for 3 on the current round of upgrades.
JerseyDoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2
stisdal
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDoug View Post
So, I decided to upgrade to 7.0.3 on my iPad '3'. Oops

The upgrade installed, but when the iPad rebooted I got the graphic telling me to connect it to iTunes for a reset. Having no other choice I did so. The result was my iPad was setup as new and I had to download all my apps.

Fortunately, I use my iPad primarily for surfing, reading and the like Omnifocus interface vs that of my phone or MBP. Unfortunately, I lost all my iBook bookmarks, notes, etc. Well, the bookmarks are still listed, but they don't link to correct spot in the book.

Anyone else have a similar experience? First times ever had a problem with an upgrade. I upgraded my iPhone, no problem. Upgraded my MBP to Mavericks, no problem. So, I'm 2 for 3 on the current round of upgrades.

Haven't had the issue because I have been holding back on ios 7 on my iPad 3. I tried the GM, but it was too buggy so I went back to 6.1.3.

So my question to you is; how is 7.0.3 running on the iPad 3 ? Was it worth updating?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3
poplars
macrumors newbie

I personally don't feel that it is worth it for iPad 3 users to upgrade. Performance is still too bad for me,, hopefully 7.1 addresses the serious performance issues in iPad 3, and on top of this most of the blur effect has been completely disabled.
poplars is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 06:50 AM   #4
JerseyDoug
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stisdal View Post
Haven't had the issue because I have been holding back on ios 7 on my iPad 3. I tried the GM, but it was too buggy so I went back to 6.1.3.

So my question to you is; how is 7.0.3 running on the iPad 3 ? Was it worth updating?
I have not experienced any problems, other than the install issue. Runs fine for me. However, I only use my iPad to surf the net, email and iBooks. My most used program is Omnifocus.

Overall, I like the upgrade.
JerseyDoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2013, 07:08 AM   #5
CB1234
macrumors 6502

I updated on my iPad 2 few days after iOS 7 was released - and I use it quite a lot, I mean seriously a lot...

I never once had a problem with iOS 7, I must say...

I assume that iPad 3 hardware is superior to iPad 2, so should be able to handle iOS 7 better....

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7