Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which version of macrumors forums do you use on your iphone?

• Mobile version

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Regular desktop view

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • I don't use my iphone to look at macrumors

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • This poll is horrible (other)

Votes: 16 16.5%

• Total voters

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I am wondering what your preference is in using this forum on an iPhone. Do you use the mobile version or do you switch back to desktop mode? I use desktop mode. I find it easier to navigate. But the text is smaller.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I switch between both. Tapatalk doesn't work for me anymore after the latest update. Always looses the connection.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Do you surf macrumors forums on desktop or mobile version on iPhone?

I switch between both. Tapatalk doesn't work for me anymore after the latest update. Always looses the connection.

I am a beta tester of tapatalk. They really are bad and slow with fixing problems and adding new feature.

I use Tapatalk Pro for MacRumors on my iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5. I rarely use the desktop version.

If anyone had a requested feature you can pm me or ask in this thread.
8ymydemy.jpg

3y2u9yvy.jpg

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
I use the desktop view. Don't like the mobile sites. The whole point of the iPhone and such is to have the full web experience.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
Both. The mobile version on safari and full version using Atomic Browser to vote on polls since they don't show up in the mobile version.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Mobile site. Hate zooming in and out. Mobile site works well on Macrumors except for the lack of polls.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I mostly use the mobile version until I can't do certain tasks like multi-quote, smilies multi picture uploads, polls, etc. Then I switch to desktop mode to accomplish those tasks. I use Tapatalk for quote and pm notifications, but I hate the UI so that's it for that.

Sucks that we need 3 different experiences to use this site. Makes me think their might be a better way... Hmmm. An app, maybe? I'd use the *rollseyes* smiley but...

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
desktop here.
Mobile is meh and tapatalk is just not good enough in this site.

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I am a beta tester of tapatalk. They really are bad and slow with fixing problems and adding new feature.

I use Tapatalk Pro for MacRumors on my iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5. I rarely use the desktop version.

If anyone had a requested feature you can pm me or ask in this thread.

I love the new update they rolled out the quick reply is so useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.