Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nycmac212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2013
Hi everyone,

Earlier this afternoon, my 2008 Macbook wouldn't wake up from sleep even though the lid was open so after several tries, I decided to just turn it off and back on again manually. Everything worked fine, except now I have these two popups that say "The application Notify quit expectedly" and "The application Popup quit unexpectedly," with only options to ignore, report or relaunch. However, regardless of which option I choose, the popup then returns a few seconds later. I looked for some solutions online, however they must be for newer versions of OSX (I'm still on Leopard), because I couldn't find the files they said to modify, following the directions closely. I'm upgrading to a new Macbook Pro soon, so it's not of dire urgency, but it's still obtrusive that they block a good percentage of the screen regardless of which program I'm running. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.