Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jedi5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2009
North Burbs, IL
is there a good app out there where you can store your receipts?

self employed part time and i have bags of receipts that i would like to tidy up
and have better control over (storage).

suggestions?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Evernote is your best bet. There are some niche receipt apps that will let you take a picture of them, and upload it there. Evernote will automatically OCR everything, so you can search through it with no problem.

Lemon just subsetted their receipt processing, and they are more and more just becoming another Passbook. Otherwise, that would have been the one I would recommend.

gtbuzzed

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2013
I use genius scan. It allows you to take a picture and send it as a PDF or JPEG. It works offline and stores all the files on your phone.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
Evernote is your best bet. There are some niche receipt apps that will let you take a picture of them, and upload it there. Evernote will automatically OCR everything, so you can search through it with no problem.

Lemon just subsetted their receipt processing, and they are more and more just becoming another Passbook. Otherwise, that would have been the one I would recommend.

Do you think the evernote app itself is the best way to get receipts into evernote?
Or do you use a 3rd party scanner app to do this?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Do you think the evernote app itself is the best way to get receipts into evernote?
Or do you use a 3rd party scanner app to do this?

I use ScannerPro. Can't go wrong with it. Other good ones I use are JotNot, Genius+ (free version avail. with ads), one by BlueTags that I cannot remember name of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.