Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
I've been playing with the 120fps moviemode on my iPhone 5S. Looks very cool, however, just discovered that the bitrate is like ~20mbps which is a bit too low.
Anyone aware of any other good videocamera-apps that's capable of using 120fps (or even 60fps will do for me) that has adjustable bitrate settings?
I think there's a serious lack of high quality videocamera apps in appstore.. :(

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I've been playing with the 120fps moviemode on my iPhone 5S. Looks very cool, however, just discovered that the bitrate is like ~20mbps which is a bit too low.
Anyone aware of any other good videocamera-apps that's capable of using 120fps (or even 60fps will do for me) that has adjustable bitrate settings?
I think there's a serious lack of high quality videocamera apps in appstore.. :(

For example Better Camcorder. It has settable bitrate and is a free download. (My review is at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1652190/ )

NOTE: the 720p120 mode of the 5s (just like the 720p60 mode of the 4s / 5 / 5c / iPad mini) uses 360p120/ 360p60 effective (sensor input) resolution, which means 20 Mbps is more than sufficient. Yes, Apple does cheat by stating it's shooting high-fps video at HD, while it certainly isn't...

oRBIT2002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Gothenburg/Sweden
Looks good, even if the UI could need some work. The in-app purchase price mentioned one price but when I bought it, another (higher) price was withdrawn from my creditcard.. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.