Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nike has released a new Nike SB app for iOS devices, which includes various features that attempt to integrate skaters from different locations. The app includes the ability to learn and share tricks with a "Trick Tree" section that contains videos and directions, daily challenges issued by the Nike SB team that allows users to gain exposure by filming and uploading videos of themselves, and badges for accomplishing tasks throughout the app.

nikesb_app.jpg
The app also includes the ability to play a game of S.K.A.T.E. which involves two users connecting with each other in a round of sudden death trick performances. To prove that they have done the trick, each user records 15 seconds of video performing a trick for their opponent to match, as each failure by a user accmulates a letter. The first user to accumulate the word "SKATE" loses, and a user may not pause an active recording once it has started. A full record of wins and losses within the game are also attached to user profiles and can be viewed throughout the app.
Learn tricks, play games of S.K.A.T.E., take part in challenges with skaters around the planet, and chart your personal skate progress with the Nike SB App.

-Game of S.K.A.T.E.: Connect with skaters anywhere around the globe to play a game of S.K.A.T.E. through the app.
-Challenges: Step up to new challenges issued by Nike SB and our pro team to help you keep progressing. Share your footage and have the chance to get noticed by a worldwide audience.
-Trick Tree: Lose yourself in skateboarding's endless creative process with our extensive Trick Tree, further inspiring you to learn and expand your skills. Learn straight from the pros with never-been-done filming and playback techniques before helping expand the Trick Tree with your own footage.
-Badges: Earn special and limited badges for skating hard, meeting challenges, progressing and taking part in special events.
-My Progress: Use the Nike SB App to track your own evolution as you build your personal profile.
-Need help? Get support at nikesbapp.com/support
Nike SB is a free app for iOS devices, and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Nike SB App Launches for iOS Devices with Interactive Trick Guides, Live Game Events

mike czech

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2002
619 SD CA
Awesome

As a skater, even though it's a uniquely individual sport, you really progress when you get challenged. To be able to play SKATE with anybody anywhere anytime is amazing. The trick tips thing is cool, a little too "sport" for my tastes but I love the idea of the app in general. Downloaded.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
This ranks as one of the coolest, most original iOS game I've ever heard of.

Now if only I skated I might actually enjoy it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.