Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Socalfem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
I have the first iPad....Safari is constantly crashing, especially on Facebook pages.
I don't know what to do, I have cleared the history, cookies and don't know what else to do ..

Please help me !

Thanks !,

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Safari will continue to crash on the iPad 1. Sadly, it only has 256mb of ram, and after Apple updated iOS to version 5.1 I think it was, Safari started crashing constantly. Other than perhaps finding a different browser to use, there really isn't anything you can do. I got rid of my iPad 1 for the exact same reason. I'm sorry to bring you such bad news. Perhaps someone else may know a way around this and will chirp in.

Socalfem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Safari will continue to crash on the iPad 1. Sadly, it only has 256mb of ram, and after Apple updated iOS to version 5.1 I think it was, Safari started crashing constantly. Other than perhaps finding a different browser to use, there really isn't anything you can do. I got rid of my iPad 1 for the exact same reason. I'm sorry to bring you such bad news. Perhaps someone else may know a way around this and will chirp in.

Oh shoot , well I appreciate the answer !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.