Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagaV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
All:

Please be advised, that the Canon imageFormula DR-2010M is currently not supported and not functional with OS X Mavericks.

After upgrading OSX to Mavericks the DR-2010M is no longer detected when switched on.

Launching CaptureOnTouch software manually and requesting scan via the app provides a dialog box with

" Error - Cannot use driver "

Canon website Canon Driver Download Page provides no software for 10.9. Reinstalling 10.8 software didn't help.

I'm currently waiting on a reply from Canon.

Any other ideas / thoughts on how to fix this problem?

LagaV

LagaV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I'm currently waiting on a reply from Canon.

I received a reply from Canon (Germany). They currently can't tell if and possibly when there will be a driver update.

To there knowledge (and testing) current drivers and applications are fully functional with OSX Mavericks.

So I'm trying to under stand if this is only a problem with my system or if the driver is really broken.

Anybody else with a similar problem?

LagaV

ppolson

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
Cannon DR2010M drivers

I paid a lot of money for this scanner because it was "MAC friendly" and would like to use it for more than a duple of years!! I am waiting and watching as well. My cannon does not work with Maveric and I get the same error ..."cannot load driver"

murrayE

macrumors member
May 4, 2011
CaptureOnTouch DR-2010M works with Mavericks

CaptureOnTouch DR-2010M (version 1.3.1.0722) works just fine for me with OS X Mavericks (10.9.5).

In particular, it automatically open as soon as I power on the scanner.

irishsgd

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
California
Same problem and concern; different Scanner DR-C125

Version 1.5.13.0710 works to scan TIFF but not PDF.
Ironically, Adobe Acrobat PRO can "Create PDF" from scanner.

irishsgd

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2014
California
Update DR-C125

Software is functioning properly in Mavericks. I remembered that I had also recently moved the destination file for scans. Once I updated scanner setting to the proper "Save in folder" address, full functionality returned. My bad.

murrayE

macrumors member
May 4, 2011
Canon seems to have software for Yosemite

At the Canon European site, I found CaptureOnTouch for Mac (ver. 1.4) for the ImageFormula DR-2010M that claims it's compatible not only with Mavericks, but also Yosemite! See:

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010797.asp

I looked inside the downloaded installer package (with Pacifist) and found some files dates 30 September 2014.

As I'm still running Mavericks, I am not yet verify that this works, as claimed, with Yosemite.

murrayE

macrumors member
May 4, 2011
Canon seems to have software for Yosemite

At the Canon European site, I found CaptureOnTouch for Mac (ver. 1.4) for the ImageFormula DR-2010M that claims it's compatible not only with Mavericks, but also Yosemite! See:

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010797.asp

I looked inside the downloaded installer package (with Pacifist) and found some files dates 30 September 2014.

As I'm still running Mavericks, I am not yet verify that this works, as claimed, with Yosemite.

In fact, the version of CaptureOnTouch from the Canon European site works not only with Yosemite, but with El Capitan as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.