Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Oct 30, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1
hotrod351
macrumors regular

problem after clean my mac

i used clean my mac and after when i ran disk utility i got the itunes problems. i have another internal hard drive that i use as backup, also time machine, is there any way to fix this problem, i dont have it on my other hard drive. seems that clean my mac must of deleted something that i need, suggestions ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.32.22 AM.png
Views:	25
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	444277  
hotrod351 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2
talmy
macrumors 601

Drag the /Applications/iTunes.app app from your backup to your main drive. Hopefully that will fix it. And then never run "Clean My Mac" -- lots of reported problems of it cleaning too much stuff.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:08 PM   #3
hotrod351
macrumors regular

i think i understand what you mean, anyway ill give it a try.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:33 PM   #4
hotrod351
macrumors regular

well i can restore itunes.app to hd but it wont let me install it in my app folder, says it cant be modified because osx needs it. is what im trying to do is replace the one i have now, cleaned with clean my mac, with the older one.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 02:36 PM   #5
NewbieCanada
macrumors 68020

maybe try reinstalling iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Old Oct 30, 2013, 07:41 PM   #6
old-wiz
macrumors 604

CleanMyMac should be called WreckMyMac.

why people use this malware is beyond me.
old-wiz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:42 PM   #7
hotrod351
macrumors regular

reinstalled itunes and still the same. if it pugs me enough ill erase the hard drive and re clone form my backup hard drive, dont it before when i messed up.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:43 PM   #8
Bear
macrumors G3

Know issue with iTunes and permissions. Just ignore it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:49 PM   #9
hotrod351
macrumors regular

ill try.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:21 AM   #10
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod351 View Post
i used clean my mac and after when i ran disk utility i got the itunes problems. i have another internal hard drive that i use as backup, also time machine, is there any way to fix this problem, i dont have it on my other hard drive. seems that clean my mac must of deleted something that i need, suggestions ?
My suggestion is that you uninstall that app immediately. I would not recommend using CleanMyMac or any of its variants, based on the number of complaints that have been posted in this forum and elsewhere. As an example: CleanMyMac cleaned too much. Here's a recent example. While you may not have experienced problems yet, enough people have that it's wise to avoid it, especially since there are free alternatives that have better reputations, such as Onyx.
You don't need "cleaner" or "maintenance" apps to keep your Mac running well, and some of these apps can do more harm than good. Most only remove files/folders or unused languages or architectures, which does nothing more than free up some drive space, with the risk of deleting something important in the process. These apps will not make your Mac run faster or more efficiently, since having stuff stored on a drive does not impact performance, unless you're running out of drive space. In fact, deleting some caches can hurt performance, rather than help it, since more system resources are used and performance suffers while each cache is being rebuilt. Many of these tasks should only be done selectively to troubleshoot specific problems, not en masse as routine maintenance.
Mac OS X does a good job of taking care of itself, without the need for 3rd party software. Among other things, it has its own maintenance scripts that run silently in the background on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, without user intervention.
Five Mac maintenance myths
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:24 AM   #11
hotrod351
macrumors regular

i uninstalled it yesterday.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:39 AM   #12
mingqing007
macrumors newbie

Several days ago I used CleanMyMac delete some leftovers, and it turn out to be Paragon NTFS...

When I restart my Mac, the system crashed...

And this is not just me, many people recently upgraded to Mavericks, have both cleanMyMac and Paragon NTFS in their mac and they used the dame software to clean application leftovers would have the same consequence:

The inevitable Recovery of your System...
mingqing007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2013, 09:29 AM   #13
hotrod351
macrumors regular

first time i ran it it has a list a mile long that i had the option of removing, a lot of the items were things i hadnt used in months, as it stated, figure that was pretty scary so i uninstalled it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X