Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kshen1

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Sorry if this is a duplicate thread or anything, but I'm trying to figure out the answer to my problems...:p

I'm trying to purchase a iPad Air from Best Buy and then pick it up later at the store on 11/1.

Since Apple orders their online orders at 12AM PST, will Best Buy allow you to start ordering and pick up in store at 12AM LOCAL TIME (I'm on the east coast), or would I have to wait until 3AM EST to order it and then pick it up later that day?

I hope that wasn't too confusing to understand..Does anyone have an idea or know anything about it? Thanks!

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
I asked an online representative and they said that online orders would begin at midnight local time (EST)...he was not 100% sure, but he said he was almost positive

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
It would be nice if Best Buy would post something. But, they have not. And, like others, I have signed up for their email notification as well. Nothing yet.

And, in their defense... maybe they wanted to wait and see what their stock would be. For example, if the store was only getting 10-20.... no sense selling them all by 12:10am and the people lined up would get nothing.

kshen1

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
It would be local time. So 12 AM Eastern time for you.

It would be nice if Best Buy would post something. But, they have not. And, like others, I have signed up for their email notification as well. Nothing yet.

And, in their defense... maybe they wanted to wait and see what their stock would be. For example, if the store was only getting 10-20.... no sense selling them all by 12:10am and the people lined up would get nothing.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm calling them tomorrow to get a definite response. Also, as posted throughout many blogs within the last few hours, it looks like the stores will be getting plenty of stock, unlike the 5S launch.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

The Airs are on Best Buys site right now: http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=2579054&st=iPad%20air&cp=1&lp=1&pid=1219074893080

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
Glad to see this post. I'm also waiting to find out if we can order online ... will be using Best Buy gift cards and can't get to the store to stand in line.

diegosilang

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Has anyone noticed that there are no T-Mobile variants of the iPad air listed at BB's website. Only AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. Am i just not seeing it or it truly is not there :confused:

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
Has anyone noticed that there are no T-Mobile variants of the iPad air listed at BB's website. Only AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon. Am i just not seeing it or it truly is not there :confused:

And as I mentioned a little ahead of you, there is also no 64GB version in space gray for either AT&T or Verizon.... :confused:

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
The 64GB Space Grey Cellular is such a strangely specific model to be the only one missing. It also happens to be the exact configuration that I want so I'm not too happy about it.

Last edited:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Best Buy mobile stores will probability have limited stock but I bet if anyone went there they would be 1st at opening.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
You pay when you order it online.

Or else everyone and their grandma/pa would just reserve it. Even though there really is no payment charged to one's account anyways but it may stop some people.

I ain't preordering at midnight, I need my sleep for the gym early in the morning and I bet there will be plenty in stock. Many cannot go at 8:00 because of school and work AND remember folks, preordering guarantees nothing at BB. I know cause it has happened to me multiple times at Best Buy. First come, first served.

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Or else everyone and their grandma/pa would just reserve it. Even though there really is no payment charged to one's account anyways but it may stop some people.

I ain't preordering at midnight, I need my sleep for the gym early in the morning and I bet there will be plenty in stock. Many cannot go at 8:00 because of school and work AND remember folks, preordering guarantees nothing at BB. I know cause it has happened to me multiple times at Best Buy. First come, first served.

So your saying in store pick up order is pointless?

kshen1

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Wait, where was it confirmed that in store pick up will go up for Best Buy tonight? Normally they don't do that with these Apple launches....

Really? Darn, I was planning to order at 12AM and then pick it up in the morning...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.