Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wow. Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 193

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

This is why you'll see funny things like this occur from time to time.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The ads usually show up, based on my prior searches and interactions, so if you did searches on the moto-x, read reviews or something that google could track, it will show up as an ad somewhere.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Ads for me are always either:

- UK Mobile networks
- Samsung Phones
- Windows/Nokia Phones
- Occasional Nexus 7 ads
- Airlines (right now, its AirFrance for some reason)
- Car ads (got a Kia one on the sidebar
- Banks (Santander 123 card)

Ads are ads - the site owner rarely goes to the effort of filtering ads to the point where you don't see competing products. It's just adsense and will obviously show ads tailored to the user (if they arent opted out) or the site.

Samsung mobiles are VERY relevant to this site as its brought up in news posts so often.

Unless the ads start jumping out at you ignore them like everyone else does :)

----------

The ads usually show up, based on my prior searches and interactions, so if you did searches on the moto-x, read reviews or something that google could track, it will show up as an ad somewhere.

You can stop that by opting out via network advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/

You still see adverts, so still support the site(s) you visit. They just don't track your activities or build a profile up about you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.