Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JFC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I'm wondering if I can buy one tonight at midnight at a 24 hour Walmart.

Has anyone done this in the past? Does Walmart have to wait until 8am to begin selling them?

blco02

Suspended
Jul 11, 2008
I bought the iPad 3 at Walmart at 12am on release day. No issues. 5 other people in line with me.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I just called my local Walmart, and they confirmed the midnight launch for $479.

Cool

Did they mention stock quantity or details?

We should call around and collect some intel on this. I'm not going to a Walmart and leaving empty handed. It would be too humiliating :D

If they have serious stock this is the way to roll

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
When the iPad 2 was coming out I happened to be in Walmart at midnight for an unrelated issue. But yeah there was one guy waiting in line, screaming at the clerk because he wouldn't sell it to him 15 minutes early. So yeah, they sell them right at midnight. Not sure which configurations they would have right away.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Cool

Did they mention stock quantity or details?

We should call around and collect some intel on this. I'm not going to a Walmart and leaving empty handed. It would be too humiliating :D

If they have serious stock this is the way to roll

Based on some other postings on this same topic (scroll down), I am going to bet Walmart does not have 128, and maybe not have 64

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Based on some other postings on this same topic (scroll down), I am going to bet Walmart does not have 128, and maybe not have 64

Right, so that's out.

Oh Snap, that means I have to wait almost 12 hours!!! :D

It's also kinda fun going to my local Walmart. They are rather laid back, especially late at night :D

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Just called my nearest 24-hour Walmart and it looks like they'll have it for a midnight release as well but the associate of course wasn't sure and the manager was out at lunch. Do you guys know the rerun policy for Walmart? How long it is and if there's a restocking fee?

ticalnza

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2011
I called a 24-hour Wal-Mart. They won't be selling at this one until tomorrow at 8AM. I'm on the West Coast.

guzzlamiamor

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2008
I just called mine in the midwest and the associate didn't even know there was a launch. After holding for a few minutes he was unable to find his manager and asked me to call back. He did say he didn't even see the delivery yet.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
I just called mine in the midwest and the associate didn't even know there was a launch. After holding for a few minutes he was unable to find his manager and asked me to call back. He did say he didn't even see the delivery yet.

This is my case too. Called 3 walmarts in Miami and nobody knew anything. I'm going to dolphins-bengals game tonight which starts at 8:30. Give or take by the time that game finishes it will be late. Then I have to drive 30 mins south to my house. If its close to 12 I will stop at the walmart on my way home...there's actually 2 of them on my way home.

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Called my east coast walmart and she said they had 4 ipads, some being 16GB wifi but not sure on the colors. Told me I could come at midnight. Never know how much they really know. Just hoping I don't get there and it doesn't ring up till later tmw

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Why aren't the 32GB on sale but the 16GB are?!? Ridiculous were here giving them MORE money and get the short end of the stick

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Just called the local Wal-Marts in Louisville area. All 5 I called said 8am release time, they will not be selling any prior to that.

Really?

What a bunch of dicks. So Louisville has dicky Walmarts

I'll need to remember that :D

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Really?

What a bunch of dicks. So Louisville has dicky Walmarts

I'll need to remember that :D

When you put it that way, yes we do!! ha

I am just going to wait til midnight and hopefully order to pick up in store. Have to work in the AM and have a chiropractor appointment at 10 so hopefully Apple will be my lunch stop.

Kauai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2010
In Southern OR here and my local walmart said they would have some 16GB ready for sale at Midnight.

I go to work at 5AM so I guess I'll try and get up a little earlier than usual. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.