Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

voicebox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
London UK
Hi there,

Since upgrading to Mavericks I am now not able to create any new Rules in Mail.
I highlight an email, Preferences/ Rules and create a Rule to send any future emails from that particular address to a Mailbox which I have created. The usual window appears asking me if I want to apply my rules to messages in selected mailboxes, I click 'Apply' and nothing happens - the selected email does not transfer to the selected Mailbox. Does anyone have any thoughts, or is this something that might be corrected when 10.9.1 appears?
Other than that irritation, Mavericks is working very well for me.
I suppose I am one of the lucky ones ....

Any sound advice will be gratefully received with thanks!

voicebox.

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I never used rules. For a minute though I thought you mean "mail rules" as in mail rules (is the best).

ron1004

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
I sure hope Mavericks Mail gets fixed - I have rules setup in the Mountain Lion which no longer work, even if I recreate the same rules running scripts.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
something to reset? prefs? or...??

am using Rules for the first time ever (in this case, in mavericks), and everything works as advertised...

ron1004

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
something to reset? prefs? or...??

am using Rules for the first time ever (in this case, in mavericks), and everything works as advertised...
Good to hear, ... at least I can now have confirmation that it can work in Mavericks Mail.

I have "services" and "scripts" setup to bounce mail.

I had set rules to automatically bounce mail from certain email addresses, and just cant get it to work again.

ron1004

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
Louisville, KY
Everyday I find more issues with Mavericks Mail - email with Word attachments don't work.
An email with a Word attachment shows as a "winmail.dat" file, but cannot be opened.

If I knew a way to revert back just the Mail app I'd do that, but will be restoring using Time Machine to a restore on 21 Oct.

tripmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Switzerland
I recently upgraded to Mavericks from Snow Leopard and I can't get Mail Rules to apply properly and consistently on either OS. If I have one rule with multiple email addresses to move, it only moves certain ones. Seems erratic. Maybe I should delete ALL Mail Rules and start over?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.