Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
It's just about that time again folks! I know the launch isn't until several more hours however, it's time to increase the excitement of the new iPad!

Are you currently waiting in line? Are you buying in store tomorrow? Are you buying online?

I'll be picking up my 32GB iPad tomorrow morning hopefully once the line dies down.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
It's just about that time again folks! I know the launch isn't until several more hours however, it's time to increase the excitement of the new iPad!

Are you currently waiting in line? Are you buying in store tomorrow? Are you buying online?

I'll be picking up my 32GB iPad tomorrow morning hopefully once the line dies down.

I am going to do the line unless of course i am able to do the in store pick up.

scotti2hotti

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
Wollongong, Australia
Just got my 16gb wifi. (Australia here). Massive supply here, every reseller hadplenty of the wifi models, cellular a little more constrained particularly in 128gb. But this is a "regional" town so I can imagine the bigger cities would have plenty. Price discounting at quite a few places already. $30-$40 off at the bigger chains ($50 for the 128gb). Some stores refusing to price match, ended up negotiating $15 off mine which saved me a 30 minute drive to a bigger retailer.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Just got my 16gb wifi. (Australia here). Massive supply here, every reseller hadplenty of the wifi models, cellular a little more constrained particularly in 128gb. But this is a "regional" town so I can imagine the bigger cities would have plenty. Price discounting at quite a few places already. $30-$40 off at the bigger chains ($50 for the 128gb). Some stores refusing to price match, ended up negotiating $15 off mine which saved me a 30 minute drive to a bigger retailer.

How do you like it so far?

scotti2hotti

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2012
Wollongong, Australia
How do you like it so far?

I'm coming from an iPad 2, so firstly the screen is magic, just wow!.
Very impressed by the speed, I also have an iPhone 5S so was interested to see how it would go, just as snappy.
Obviously huge weight difference and the size is very nice to hold. I am a bigger guy and my wife has an ipad mini, i really liked the weight and bezel size on that, but just looks like an iphone in my big hands. So big screen was a must for me.

The change in the taper of the back of the device, from a sort of blade in the Ipad 2, to the more rounded edges is also nice.

Overall, this thing feels great in your hands, looks beautiful to the eye and performs perfectly. Loving it.

Jedi-Mind-Trick

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2013
I just ordered my ipad air 128GB wifi via the Apple Store app.
Waiting for the email to say when to pick it up today.

CIA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Ordered at 12:03. Delivers on 11/4. iPhone Apple store came online about a minute before the web store for me.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
Just ordered my 2x iPad Air Space Gray 64gb Verizon for store pick up. Nice and easy. Time to go back to bed.

BigBeast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
I decided to skip the lines. Ordered my 32GB Space Grey at 3:02 am EDT via the Apple Store App. Love that app. I'll go pick it up later today at my leisure. :)

scubadoo

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
PA, USA
picking mine up after work

Just ordered online and picking up on my way home from work. New toy to play with this weekend :)

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Just purchased silver/white 16gb wifi only from my iPhone 5s apple store app. Pick up at store later on today. Ordered at 3:01 am (I'm in Miami) goodnight :)

nemesis4670

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2013
iPad Air 128GB WiFi in Space Gray. Ordered on Apple.com for in-store pickup today! Woo! Stress free launch... thank god

OCJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2010
Just ordered online and picking up on my way home from work. New toy to play with this weekend :)

Just ordered mine as we'll, but have no idea when I can pick mine up. Is that supposed to be communicated in the pickup email?

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
Oh didn't see this thread. I didn't feel like going to the mall today, I can wait until Monday. I did initially select pickup at store though but changed my mind at the last moment.

Ordered a White (changed my mind at last minute), 64GB, Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.