Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

turkishapplestore.png

Apple opened its online store to customers in Turkey today, bringing direct ordering of its full lineup of products to the the country's 74 million residents.

Apple is set to open its first Turkish retail store in Instanbul at the beginning of 2014, with several other stores in the country in the pipeline. Earlier this year, Apple launched its online store in Russia as international sales make up an increasing portion of Apple's revenue.

Turkey is not part of the first round of countries selling the iPad Air.

(Thanks, Goktug!)

Article Link: Apple Online Store Opens in Turkey With Full Product Lineup

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Nice! Will be going there on vacation in about a month — will definitely check out this store. At least, the store-under-construction! I'll take some pics.

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
Typo: Instanbul -> Istanbul :)

Just ordered my iPhone 5S 16 GB Space Gray, everything went impressively smooth :)

ahmet

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
I'm very happy with that news :) BTW shipping times for iPhone 5s is 5-7 days in all models

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
At first I thought this was about black Friday sales (the day after TURKEY day :) ).

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The prices are still crazy high, so our wish of an online store pulling down the astronomical Turkish prices didn't come true. That's what happens when your government charges 3 different taxes for a computer or phone.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
The store won't be open, unless you're planning to stick around there for a while.

EDIT: Nvm, I see you added to your post... mine is now invalid. :p

Good catch by you, though. I overlooked the "beginning early 2014" in my excitement, then caught it and edited my post — probably at the same time you were writing yours.

I won't be there that long, so I'll miss the actual opening. Rather disappointed about that, actually — though the vacation itself should be fantastic. :)

mertyz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2011
The prices are still crazy high, so our wish of an online store pulling down the astronomical Turkish prices didn't come true. That's what happens when your government charges 3 different taxes for a computer or phone.

Mac prices are actually cheaper than the prices in European Apple Stores.

gobble gobble. ......everyone..

That one actually made me chuckle :)

Ali7

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
I'm very happy with that news :) BTW shipping times for iPhone 5s is 5-7 days in all models

Hello Ahmet

The device shipping outside or inside Turkey ? If outside what about Duty (Customs) in Istanbul ?

Ali7

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013

Yes, Yes, Exactly

Ali7

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Pretty sure you don't have to worry about customs if you order from the Turkish apple store in Turkey ;)

But the apple store open in 2014 !!

If anyone ship anything outside Turkey more than $75 must pay 100% Fee for ****en Government .

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Mac prices are actually cheaper than the prices in European Apple Stores.

This is true, but only due to the sudden devaluation of Turkish Lira. In June, these prices would have been higher than the european prices. Still, the mac prices are acceptable, the phone prices are still too high though, due to extra taxation of phones.

----------

But the apple store open in 2014 !!

If anyone ship anything outside Turkey more than $75 must pay 100% Fee for ****en Government .

No. This is not true for buying from Turkish Apple Online Store. You won't pay any customs for any of these. That's what a local online store is.

LathspeLL

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
They start selling iPhone 5S and 5C at midnight (2 hours ago). So 3-5 days availability is quite normal.

Apple Store in Istanbul opens in January and It will be one of the best Apple Stores in the World. The architecture is amazing.

I hope Apple fixes the prices of the Apple products in the future somehow.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The 3rd party accessory pricing is insane though. For something that costs 1100$ (Like Pegasus R4 4TB) we pay 3500TL, which is 1755$. The mac prices are more or less in line with the rest of the world when you count the extra taxes, but the 3rd party pricing is nonsense.

Ali7

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2013
Everyone here must know this info:

Turkey is very stupid country . Every person when enter Turkey border must leave his mobile because it is locked from operator !!!!

You must pay thousands Dollars to get registered IMEI !!! (New Phone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.