Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
My wife loves the slideshows iPhoto 5 can produce, but hates the default music that is selected, so I'm looking for suggestions that are a generally appropriate, but are little less sentimental. I would prefer instrumental, but inconspicuous vocals might work too.

Most of our slideshows somehow involve our two boys currently 2 and 4, in case that narrows things down a bit.

I thought I saw a thread on this topic somewhere before, but couldn't find it on a search here and through Google. Any/all ideas are welcome!

B

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
puckhead193 said:
what's the theme of the pictures. (IE holidays, beach etc)
All of the above, following our two boys. Lots of our pictures seem to be taken at zoos, since the kids really enjoy seeing the animals and running around.

One recent "occasion" slideshow I want to burn on DVD is for this past Halloween.

B

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I've found this song good for some slideshows - not sure if it meets your requirements though. It has words, but you don't notice them.
It really depends on the pictures.

Only Time - Enya
iTMS link

I'll keep thinking

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
EricNau said:
Only Time - Enya
Good suggestion, Enya does tend to be a good choice for background music. I don't know if it'll pass the wife test though.

Any other suggestions now that it's Monday...

B

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
grrr. i have a few songs but it has lyrics. Why do you not want lyrics in the song?
the one thing i hate about iphoto slideshow is that putting music to certain pictures is a pain in the butt!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
puckhead193 said:
grrr. i have a few songs but it has lyrics. Why do you not want lyrics in the song?
the one thing i hate about iphoto slideshow is that putting music to certain pictures is a pain in the butt!

I'll take any suggestions, including those with lyrics. If it works it works. What were you thinking?

I still think I would prefer instrumentals, since vocals that are too up front might distract from the pictures, but the right song might work...

B

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
balamw said:
I'll take any suggestions, including those with lyrics. If it works it works. What were you thinking?
smash mouth - all star
kenny Chesney (sp) - young
beach boys - one of their beach/surfer songs
elvis - rubbernecking - paul oakenfold remix
depending on age if they are older/mood (ie funny pictures- simple plan - grow up
black eyed peas - lets get it started
john fogerty - centerfield - if u have baseball/sports theme pictures or queen we will rock you/we are the champions..
the explosion - here i am - depending on age
in the summer by i think mungo jerry
u mentioned Halloween..so the monster mash song

its hard to tell cause i don't know what kind of pictures you have....

edit try itunes essentials http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=89366537&s=143441&wm=1

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
New England
puckhead193 said:
its hard to tell cause i don't know what kind of pictures you have....
All good ideas, and I have about half of the tracks already. Will give 'em a try and report back.

Thanks!

B

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
puckhead193 said:
u mentioned Halloween..so the monster mash song[/url]
Couldn't think of anything better!

For the others, Jack Johnson? James *Shivers* Blunt? Something along that kind of genre?

::20ROGERSC::

CatherineMary26

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2008
Slideshows

Hi everyone,
Have you all tried to make slideshows in IMOVIE?
They work a lot better then in IPHOTO. YOu can control the music and you can add effects and titles.
You can get the music and photos from your itunes and iphoto right in Imovie.

its a lot of fun to play with you can put any music by creating a play list in your itunes and then you can select that play list with each slideshow. so you dont have to use the dfault music for every slideshow. You just need to create a itunes playlist and pick it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.