Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iPad Air has already gone on sale in multiple countries around the world, including Australia, where Ben Pasternak waited in line to get one of the new ultrathin tablets and filmed his Apple Store launch day experience.

After receiving his iPad Air, Pasternak also filmed an unboxing, giving the world a glimpse of an iPad Air out in the wild. Like other iPads, the iPad Air comes packaged in a sleek white box.

While the iPad Air has already launched in several countries like Australia and Singapore, additional countries across Europe will be able to purchase the tablet in a few short hours. In the United States and Canada, online orders will begin at 12:01 AM Pacific Time with retail sales commencing at 8 AM local time.

Article Link: First Look Videos Show iPad Air Launch Experience and Deboxing

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
This is awesome! I enjoyed the top video, though. It got me pumped! I'm going to send my little brother to stand out there and wait in line for me. :D

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Not this bloody kid again. Shouldn't he be doing his homework instead of pretending he knows about technology? I don't bash Apple but if you think owning a ton of Apple products and being able to utter the words 'RAM' and 'Gigabyte' makes you a technology genius, think again.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Just watched the top video: Good for the kid and anyone else who enjoys that sort of store experience, but jesus does that seem massively ********g embarrassing. It's enough to make me want to wait for the following weekend to visit the store to see the product.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
They seem to make a big deal about the first buyer at these apple launches. Do they get anything free or just the embarrassement?

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Not this bloody kid again. Shouldn't he be doing his homework instead of pretending he knows about technology? I don't bash Apple but if you think owning a ton of Apple products and being able to utter the words 'RAM' and 'Gigabyte' makes you a technology genius, think again.

You questioning someones maturity is ironic.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011

I don't know anything about this kid, but who cares what he does? The bigger the age difference between you and him, the sadder this reply seems.

InAustralia

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Saw myself in the video at the George Street Store in Sydney

Just saw myself in the video!

Was at the Apple Store in George Street Sydney. I got there early but did not really need to.

Number 67 in line (Apple employees counted!).

Walked away with two 128GB iPad Airs.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Do I buy an iPad Air for myself for Christmas or do I pass it up and buy an 11" MacBook Air next summer...? Hmhmm.

note: the 11" will be my travel computer whilst my 15" MBP will be my "desktop".

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
so now we celebrate some spoiled kid spending parent money on an unnecessary gadget? Good lord how we've descended as a nation. That was worth recording and posting? I'm signing off for now in disgust.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Could you imagine if EVERYTHING we bought was treated this way?

Maybe then we would see that these are PRODUCTS, not friends. I love Apple products, but their products are tools that more enjoyable for me...they aren't my entire life.

I don't need applause when I buy toilet paper. I don't need applause when I buy an iPhone.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
Why do people have to make these unboxings so dramatic?

Talking about dramatic, the iPad Air is smaller but the box is bigger than the previous generation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.