Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cbdboz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
When I try to watch ultraviolet movies on iPad ( on Flixster) and then send to my tv via airplay / mirroring, the end result is a smaller picture within the screen.

...it is the same 16:9 picture as the screen size, but strangely does not fill the screen...with borders on all sides...

Anyone have any idea how to fix this....or why it happens.?

Thanks

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
When I try to watch ultraviolet movies on iPad ( on Flixster) and then send to my tv via airplay / mirroring, the end result is a smaller picture within the screen.

...it is the same 16:9 picture as the screen size, but strangely does not fill the screen...with borders on all sides...

Anyone have any idea how to fix this....or why it happens.?

Thanks

are you airplaing natively within the app, or mirroring the ipad? mirroring wont get a fullscreen

Cbdboz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Not sure I understand...the flixster app is on my iPad...but I have to use mirroring to get it on my tv screen...is there another way??

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
Not sure I understand...the flixster app is on my iPad...but I have to use mirroring to get it on my tv screen...is there another way??

http://km.support.apple.com/library.../HT5209/en_US/HT5209_03--mirroring_on--en.png

does your iPad have mirroring turned ON as above. if yes you are mirroring via airplay, which is different than native airplay. if mirroring is on, the ATV is simply mirroring whatever is displayed on your iPad screen. when mirroring is off, certain apps have the capability built in and will send a stream to your ATV, and it will be optimized for viewing on a tv

Cbdboz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Flixster problem...

Flixster 'used to' send via mirroring as opposed to directly via airplay....however now this no longer works as it comes up with an error message licences Etc...

Shame as this used to work before ( albeit in a mallee screen size).

..are there any workarounds, or other programs that will allow me to view ultraviolet movies on my TV/projector ?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.