Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
So now that the nexus 5 is out anybody here getting one? I was waiting for the gyro to be fixed on the iphone 5s before picking one up but now am thinking of grabbing this new nexus. What do you all think?

ETl3K5jVp6JaulsTWa5e96YQtssZe0Z_2oQQZ5rc82jaYOkDF0EBoUQt6yhmKBi3O3i6=w800-rw

fermat-au

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
Australia
I would be if I didn't already have a Nexus 4. The Nexus 5 looks like a great phone from all reports and it is half the price of an iPhone 5s, if you buy it outright.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I'm going to wait for some more review but honestly I don't think I'm going to. Now that I've gone back to using an iphone I just don't care to have a phone that big. The N4 even felt too big at times. Also, nothing in 4.4 really made feel like I had to switch back to Android. I've been getting along just fine on my iphone.

BJonson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Well I ordered one. I really like the hands free feature it has like the moto x. Don't have to touch at all just ask it stuff. Let's see how well it works.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
No way. 5 inches is too big. And I'm an iOS guy now. Nothing could possibly sway me over to Android unless the functionality and apps become so one-sided in favor of Android. Don't see that happening though.

MacSignal

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
Pass. As much as I like my iPhone 5, I miss the smaller size of my old soap bar Sony dumb phone. A larger screen in a larger phone is not attractive to me.

IMO, product development in phones should yield smaller, thinner, lighter phones instead of wannabe tablets.

hummus

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
It seems quite nice on the surface, but I can't say my experience with the Nexus 7 has endeared me to the Nexus line, or Android itself. I personally find my Nexus 7 to be so utilitarian and lacking in overall polish that I don't think I would be willing to take the chance on another of their products, especially for a daily use phone. Different strokes for different folks though.

spaceryder

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Yes.

Having major problems with my 4S and frustrated with Apple's attitude. Just doing my homework on how to synch iCal and my contacts.

Anyone doing it and any tips?

highlightshadow

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I'd really like a nexus 5 for work but the software we have to use for our corporate email on Android is hateful... really nasty app that feels like some 90's lotus notes add-on or something - its called Notify ... just so clunky

At least on iPhone we can use the in-built Mail client and contact syncing just works great so the whole experience is 10x more pleasant

I appreciate thats not Androids fault as such but clearly its corporate support is sub-standard otherwise we wouldn't have to use 3rd party apps. Nothing against android in general ... adore the keyboard (swype style)

I had a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running 4.3.3 until about a month ago and then when my iPhone 5s arrived i gave my 5 to my wife and i'm now using my own old iphone 4S for work instead of my work supplied Android phone until my contract re-ups in a week.

Gotta love BYOD - at least i have the option

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I love the 5 inch screen and cant wait till Apple finally releases a larger screen iPhone.

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
I am keeping my iPhone 4, and I bought a Samsung Galaxie Note 3 the first day it was available. The 5.7 inch screen was the deciding factor making web surfing so much more usable. It is a decent phone, just not as polished as Apple.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
So now that the nexus 5 is out anybody here getting one? I was waiting for the gyro to be fixed on the iphone 5s before picking one up but now am thinking of grabbing this new nexus. What do you all think?

I'M NOT SWITCHING, But i'm buying it when they have stock available and I will use it as a 2nd phone. I also have the 5S. I WILL NEVER GET RID OF IT. It's too reliable.

Mxbzz

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2012
The best part is the affordability of the Nexus line-- I purchased a Nexus 4 concurrently with my iPhone 5, and had the freedom to switch between phones if I wanted. After spending so much time with Android, I ultimately switched over and haven't looked back. However, as a tech junkie I am unwilling to sell my iPhone 5 :p.

At $350, give it a try. I had my Nexus 4 for a good few months and recuperated most of my costs on CL. I'm now on an HTC One and have no immediate plans to switch.

farmD

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2013
The best part is the affordability of the Nexus line-- I purchased a Nexus 4 concurrently with my iPhone 5, and had the freedom to switch between phones if I wanted. After spending so much time with Android, I ultimately switched over and haven't looked back. However, as a tech junkie I am unwilling to sell my iPhone 5 :p.

At $350, give it a try. I had my Nexus 4 for a good few months and recuperated most of my costs on CL. I'm now on an HTC One and have no immediate plans to switch.

What made u switch from a nexus 4 to a htc one? Got bored of the vanilla android and wanted to give sense a shot?

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
I got both and you can't go wrong with either one. Depends what you want from a phone. Only had the nexus 5 today but love it so far just as much as my 5S. KitKat is a huge improvement.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Only if it ran iOS. Besides, 5 inches is too big... unless Apple made it, then it would be just right. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.