Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple began taking orders for its redesigned thin-and-light iPad Air in the United States, Canada, and Europe at midnight Pacific Time, after the tablet launched earlier today in several Asia Pacific countries. Supply of the iPad Air has been plentiful, with multiple worldwide stores still listing shipping times of 24 hours.

The iPad Air, available in space gray/black and white/silver can be purchased directly from Apple via the Apple Online Store and through the Apple Store iOS App. [Direct Link] The Apple Store app is often the most reliable way to place an order, as it circumvents web traffic. For the first time ever, Apple is accepting Personal Pickup requests in the U.S., allowing customers to reserve an iPad Air online for pickup at a local retail location.

ipadair.jpg

Initial orders from the Apple Online Store will ship within 24 hours for all colors, carriers, and capacities in Canada and Europe. U.S. online orders list a delivery date of 11/4 rather than a shipping estimate.

In the United States, Apple is selling the 16 GB Wi-Fi only iPad for $499, with incremental storage updates available for an extra $100 and Wi-Fi + Cellular models available for an additional $130. T-Mobile is offering the 16 GB iPad Air for $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $26.25 (additional storage requires a downpayment of $99 for 32 GB or $199 for 64 GB).

Walmart is selling the iPad Air at $479, a discount of $20, and Best Buy will be price matching Walmart's $479 price tag. Target may also be offering the entry-level 16 GB version for $479.

European countries seeing the launch of the iPad Air today include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. Apple's retail stores located in some of those countries will open at 8:00 AM local time to begin selling the device.

In the United States, the iPad Air can be purchased from the following retailers:

Apple:
Apple Online Store
Apple Store iOS App [Direct Link]

Carriers:
AT&T
Verizon
Sprint
T-Mobile

Third-Party Retailers:
Walmart
Target
Best Buy
RadioShack (In-Store Only)

Article Link: iPad Air Online Orders Go Live in the United States, Canada, and Europe

Last edited:

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
here we go... I think the iPad air will sell better, not because the mini ship later but the size and weight been reduced significantly.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
$536 just left my hands in less than 20 seconds. Now I probably won't fall asleep, waiting for my Apple store to open.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
In store pickup

So so glad Apple made the iPad Air available for in store pickup! Now I can sleep in!

Luckily I got a T-Mobile model 32gb silver early, looks like they are already unavailable for personal pickup at my closest Apple Store.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
YES!!!! Got my 64GB White/Silver Air for pickup at my local Apple Store!!!

Nighty night!!!:D

alinefx

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
4 mins and done here. I think this is the first time i have been apple to get the hot new iDevice on launch day so fast.

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Available today. We'll notify you when these items are ready.

^

Does this mean I can pick it up at 8 when the store opens?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Ordered.

iPad Air Silver Wifi 128GB with Apple leather yellow Smart Case.

Goodnight! :D

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Available today. We'll notify you when these items are ready.

^

Does this mean I can pick it up at 8 when the store opens?

it tells you

We'll send a Pickup Notification email when your items are ready.
Please wait for the Pickup Notification email to confirm that your order is ready
Items shown as "Available today" are typically ready for pickup within an hour
When you pick up your order, remember to bring your payment card or order number, plus a valid photo ID

billnye97

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
No problems getting mine (other than waking the wife up with my alarm at 3am). In store pickup at Westlake Crocker Park in Ohio. Silver 32gb wifi with a black smart cover. Now back to bed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.