Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

El Cid

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
NOLA
Just Ordered 128GB Verizon Space Gray

Waiting for confirmation on 128GB, Space Gray, Verizon model. iPad product red case will come later in the week.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I decided not to go to the store today. The closest Apple store is in a mall although there is one outside a mall a few miles away from that one. I just figured I'd have it delivered to me on Monday.

I ordered a Silver, 64GB, Verizon.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
How long do you think it will take to get a tracking number?

Since they are coming from China, I remember when I ordered my rMBP, they batched them up by type so you'd see all the same type ship at once. We will probably get a tracking later sometime later today.

El Cid

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
NOLA
Tracking

Since they are coming from China, I remember when I ordered my rMBP, they batched them up by type so you'd see all the same type ship at once. We will probably get a tracking later sometime later today.

This has been my experience as well. Time for sleep!

xNYMetsx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
How are they able to work a delivery date of 11/4 if Saturday and Sunday aren't business days? Does FedEx have a special exception of some sort?

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
How are they able to work a delivery date of 11/4 if Saturday and Sunday aren't business days? Does FedEx have a special exception of some sort?

Well it is partly because they are coming from China so they tend to hit the local distribution centers on Sunday and then get on a local truck on Monday morning. Sometimes when I order stuff it comes directly from Dulles airport rather than my local distribution center but they put a rush on the delivery to make sure you get it Monday.

xNYMetsx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Well it is partly because they are coming from China so they tend to hit the local distribution centers on Sunday and then get on a local truck on Monday morning. Sometimes when I order stuff it comes directly from Dulles airport rather than my local distribution center but they put a rush on the delivery to make sure you get it Monday.

FedEx working overtime? lol

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
It could be the iPads destined for delivery Monday are already in distribution centers in the US. It would save Apple a lot of money to have them pre-shipped a few days ago for a cheaper price rather than use week-end shipping prices.

That would also explain the availability for in store pick up tomorrow.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
No pick up options for you guys ? Fortunately , I had a pick up option at my local Apple Store . Then again , some of you live a couple miles away from one huh ...

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
No pick up options for you guys ? Fortunately , I had a pick up option at my local Apple Store . Then again , some of you live a couple miles away from one huh ...

I could have done pick up but wouldn't be able to go till Saturday, and it is about 80 miles each way.

128Gb Silver scheduled for 11/4, my smart cover is already preparing for shipment.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013

Have no desire to get near my local Apple store. I will be glad to have my 128gb ATT space grey delivered on Monday. :p

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011
Ordered mine from ATT. They don't say when it'll be delivered though, just the general 3-5 business days...

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011

I had 10 stores close to me offering pick up options. Then I had flashbacks to the last time I went to a mall, especially near an iPad release and decided to sit back and wait for my iPad to come to me.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010

At 2:03 AM, it showed it was available for personal pickup, when I went to checkout it changed to not available for pickup. So, I placed the order to have it shipped.

I checked the same store 20 minutes later and it said available for personal pickup. :confused:

Monday delivery is fine. My smart case will be available for personal pickup.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I had 10 stores close to me offering pick up options. Then I had flashbacks to the last time I went to a mall, especially near an iPad release and decided to sit back and wait for my iPad to come to me.

Lol that makes sense. Notthing better than having it deliver to your door step.

JPS127

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2013
Just ordered my space gray 128GB and case, delivers 11/4. At least the iPad Air does, the case is coming later sadly.

Same here, though the Smart Cover, shipping separately, is already in progress and can't be cancelled (which I don't want to do, anyway).

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Shipping 11/6-11/8, purchased from AT&T website during the first hour. Who knows though, AT&T may be just seeing how many orders they have and everything before they definitely start saying ship times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.