Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
+1. I am so use to the Mini handling it every which way daily for reading, web browsing, games, etc and really appreciating the weight.

In 1/2 hour's time, I love the Air's form facor as it is easy hitting the sweetspot amongst larger tablets. So light and I can easy palm it one handed and I do not feel I will get tired holding it or being uncomfortable with it! It is bigger and heavier than the Mini obviously but it is still great.

Kudos to Apple!

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas

Attachments

• af5.jpg
    af5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 78

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Its like Apple was listening to my needs. I was missing the big screen. However, the weight was more than I would tolerate.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Its like Apple was listening to my needs. I was missing the big screen. However, the weight was more than I would tolerate.

How light does it feel? Mark Gurman from 9to5Mac tweeted that it felt heavier than the reviews stated. But it's hard to know when he's being serious or just posting something to get retweets.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
How light does it feel? Mark Gurman from 9to5Mac tweeted that it felt heavier than the reviews stated. But it's hard to know when he's being serious or just posting something to get retweets.

It was light as heck. It feels like a big mini. I can hold it with one hand easily.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Yeah screen is big and clear, meanwhile the chassis is thin and light.

It must be really tiring being an Apple hater when they keep knocking out quality products like this :D

richlee111

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
How light is it? Light enough that I noticed it immediately when handed the box at the Apple store. The same can also be said about the Smart Cover. Yea, the smart cover feels less rugged now that they got rid of the aluminum hinge, but man, the combination of the 2 is the optimal weight.

And don't forget the compactness of it now. For it to lose of its width, its soooo much easier now to type on screen in portrait mode. Its almost like the ipad went to bootcamp and lost its love handles:p

If the iPad Air is a person, this guy's in its primal shape and weight now. Go Apple and iPad Air:)

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012

The combination of weight and size reduction has an huge impact. Honestly love it more than I thought I would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.