Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
:confused:

i made my first partition of mavericks on an external and never had this problem.

but today i made a partition on my internal SSD drive to size up Mavericks vs ML for performance on my SSD. i installed the OS from the thumb drive directly. (unlike the external, which i installed ML first then upgraded it to Mavericks - is this a differentiating factor? :confused:)

and today, i opened iTunes on this new partition, everything running fine as before - go to books tab, says my books have moved to ibooks - as before.

open iBooks - all my books are imported, i test them by opening them and reading them works fine. all of my books are there. these are not Purchased iBooks from the iTunes store mind you.

when i quit ibooks and opened it again, for a split second i some of the books appeared but literally faded away like someone wiped invisible ink over them. and now ibooks appears to be empty!?

i can not get my books to show or come back. i've tried different list views - nothing.

is ANYONE else having this issue??

:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.