Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Ben1l
macrumors regular

Mac Pro pre order date, UK?

Has Apple released the date that you will be order to new Mac Pro from (UK), or is the only info still "released December"?
Ben1l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:58 AM   #2
DanielCoffey
macrumors 65816

The most reliable information would be in the Apple UK store.
DanielCoffey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:05 AM   #3
SeattleMoose
macrumors 65816

I stated back in September (as a joke) that I thought "coming this fall" meant Pre-Orders on 12/20 (last Fri of "fall") with actual availability/shipping Feb 2014.

Then when I heard Mac Pro was part of the October "event" I thought they would start taking pre-orders within days after the event with availability essentially NOW.

Unfortunately my "joke" appears to be closer to the truth until proven otherwise.

Considering they have been baiting us since last June, I think this is the worst case of being "strung along" by Apple that I can EVER remember.

Vaporware, Vaporware, and MORE Vaporware…….

Last edited by SeattleMoose; Nov 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
SeattleMoose is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 01:02 PM   #4
Ben1l
macrumors regular

It drives me mad when Apple does this veil of secrecy crap over everything. The product has been announced for goodness sake, people just want to know when the y can actually buy it!
Ben1l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 04:26 PM   #5
sirio76
macrumors regular

They already said in December. What do you want to know? the exact day, hour, minutes? If they'll start to sell the nmp on December 1 or on December 15 what's the difference? I'll buy it as soon as available, but one week or another doesn't make any difference to me.
sirio76 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2013, 08:16 PM   #6
deconstruct60
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben1l View Post
It drives me mad when Apple does this veil of secrecy crap over everything. The product has been announced for goodness sake, people just want to know when the y can actually buy it!
Apple may not know. If there is a limited amount of Thunderbolt v2 chips available ( not impossible since Intel only targeted 2014 for volume shipments of those chips) then the supply chain is up in the air. Until the 2013 MBP sales level off to a steady state, they won't know what the gap is.

One problem with the Mac Pro has been they have been using these dribbled information leaks far more so to manage expectations than to "announce a product for sale". June '12 was really about "We haven't cancelled and give up on Mac Pro". (when they probably did for a while in 2010-2011 but had not gotten around to telling anybody yet. ). That was really more a 'heads up' that it was going to take a long time to get back into the game. The WWDC '13 again just as much an announcement that the classic Mac Pro (and dual CPU models ) are cancelled as much as about something new. This October '13 .... "we've substantially changed the price points" head's up.

More than likely several days (maybe week ) before can buy they announce/leak when they will be taking orders.
deconstruct60 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro