Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KyleC

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2004
Dallas, Texas
My ibook HD is toast I think, it started making a really loud grinding noise (just like the HD is working really hard, but it shouldn’t be) and the machine slowed down to a crawl. I had to hard restart it, and now it won’t book past the apple logo, and the grinding noise continues.

I was looking for places online that would replace my HD for me (I didn’t buy applecare) and ran across a few.

Powerbook resq
Macservice.com
powerbookmedic.com
Any others?

And wondered if anyone had any experience with these companies 24 hour repairs. I am not sure who to trust.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
KyleC said:
My ibook HD is toast I think, it started making a really loud grinding noise (just like the HD is working really hard, but it shouldn’t be) and the machine slowed down to a crawl. I had to hard restart it, and now it won’t book past the apple logo, and the grinding noise continues.

I was looking for places online that would replace my HD for me (I didn’t buy applecare) and ran across a few.

Powerbook resq
Macservice.com
powerbookmedic.com
Any others?

And wondered if anyone had any experience with these companies 24 hour repairs. I am not sure who to trust.

Why would you go to an online source and ship your machine? Are there no Apple dealers in your area?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.