Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xenaki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Does anyone else notice what could best be described as a shadowy line down the left side of the screen? It's about an inch in from the edge and most noticeable on a white screen. Think I should exchange?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Yes. In portrait, mine is a faint horizontal darker ill-defined line about 1/3 down from the top.

I will wait a few days to see if it fades. I have AppleCare on it, so I'm in no rush yet to replace.

interfreak

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2012
Queensland, Australia
I have this issue as well. It's on the left hand side when holding it in portrait mode.

This is my first iPad since I sold my iPad 3 a year ago, pretty disappointing to come back to this. :(

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I'm not worried, this can always happen with new generations, Apple will take care of me they always do,

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm not worried, this can always happen with new generations, Apple will take care of me they always do,

I was kinda hoping they were past this kind of problem. I returned 5 iPad 3s because of pink/green screens. The iPad 4 I got was perfect, as was the Mini. My Air looks like the 3.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
Does anyone else notice what could best be described as a shadowy line down the left side of the screen? It's about an inch in from the edge and most noticeable on a white screen. Think I should exchange?

I had this. I took it back and opened another two with an Apple staffer before we found a good one. He said he'd been through three himself before he found one without the problem.

Even my eventual replacement has a slightly yellow cast on the left which graduates to more blue on the right, but at least the dark shadowy stripe is gone.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
I had this. I took it back and opened another two with an Apple staffer before we found a good one. He said he'd been through three himself before he found one without the problem.

Even my eventual replacement has a slightly yellow cast on the left which graduates to more blue on the right, but at least the dark shadowy stripe is gone.
That is one good thing Apple does, is rectify the problem, until it is fixed. Hope mine is okay!

DMoggo

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2013
UK
Do Apple actually have anyone checking display quality?! Almost every type of device they produce has screen defects and inconsistencies.

It's so frustrating.........hoping mine is ok when it arrives :)

Can someone post a pic?

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
I was kinda hoping they were past this kind of problem. I returned 5 iPad 3s because of pink/green screens. The iPad 4 I got was perfect, as was the Mini. My Air looks like the 3.

Welcome back to the vicious return cycles!

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012

Karma? Try to be a bit nice instead of a flame thrower lol:)

xenaki

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
I'm debating whether to try exchanging it now or to wait a couple of weeks for a new batch...

iMacca44

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2012
Mine is the same. Almost seems like the left side (in portrait) is a bit more yellow and the right is a bit more pink. I've booked a Genius appointment for tomorrow, but might end up leaving it another week to see if it reduces at all.will see how I go today.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Mine is the same. Almost seems like the left side (in portrait) is a bit more yellow and the right is a bit more pink. I've booked a Genius appointment for tomorrow, but might end up leaving it another week to see if it reduces at all.will see how I go today.

Just return it and get a new one, just be prepared to do multi returns

Kalabalik

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2013
OK, I've been staring at my screen for 3 minutes but can't really see anything. Could someone take a picture and share?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
No it's not. It's not helpful in any way. I'm sorry that my iPad doesn't have any problems. I just thought I'd say it. I wasn't aware this was a pitty party. If you don't like what I had to say, then move on.

"idk wtf bbq u guyz"?

Funny. You constantly pick fights with people. I'm not sure what your problem is.

My comment is helpful to other people who are seeing what I'm seeing and looking to find more information about it.

Your comment is the equivalent of walking into the waiting room of a hospital and announcing "idk what's wrong with you guys, I feel fine!

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
My comment is helpful to other people who are seeing what I'm seeing and looking to find more information about it.

Your comment is the equivalent of walking into the waiting room of a hospital and announcing "idk what's wrong with you guys, I feel fine!

Lmao

Great cage! BIG bird :p

kentuckymakers

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Ipad air 16gb space grey, yellow hue in bottom left corner in portrait. Strongest in that corner but dissipates as it goes up the left hand side and also to the right disappearing at about the home button. It is noticeable on white pages and when bringing up the keyboard. The keys on the left have the yellow tint while the right side is the normal cooler hue.

Had this with the ipad 3 (yellow and bad light leak).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.