Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
So let me have few examples.

Are people getting the PM at BB and Apple with Walmart or not?

Anyone got it without any hassle?

1981d

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
BB wouldn't give me the price match, they called Walmart and the guy told them they had none in stock. Apparently they have to be advertised and in stock in order to qualify for the match.

Yanksrox94

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
I got the price match but I could hear the manager making it a bigger deal than it had to be. Like the poster above I heard the same thing for that it has to be in Stock.

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I am going to try this today evening when I am out from work.

Let's see. If not then good bye..I will go to WM then.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
The Apple Online Store was very accommodating when I inquired about matching Wal-Mart's price.

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
BB wouldn't give me the price match, they called Walmart and the guy told them they had none in stock. Apparently they have to be advertised and in stock in order to qualify for the match.

I got the price match at 8 this morning just showed them the price on my phone and gladly accepted it, they have to accept it if you show them the price, it's best buy policy, there low price guarantee campaign

wassup121

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
Apple fifth ave store denied price match to me.
I ordered from macmall instead. Now I don't have to pay tax.
I can wait for shipping. Saving nyc tax is worth the wait

mytakeontech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I got the price match at 8 this morning just showed them the price on my phone and gladly accepted it, they have to accept it if you show them the price, it's best buy policy, there low price guarantee campaign

Good to know. Let's see how it goes for me tonight.

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
I did get Best Buy to price match but it was a hassle. The employee kept telling me that they would only honor the price if it was available to picked up at the store we were trying to price match and not for anything that was shipped to me or shipped to store for store pickup. Also kept telling me Apple was very strict with their prices and they would not let any store reduce the price on first day of a product being available. So, like someone said above they called Walmart and they were sold out or whatever and had nothing available for pickup, and Walmart (and a few others I tried) website shows price for shipping only, so Target finally showed on their site as $479 price online and in store so they price matched Target. I felt kinda stupid for making such a fuss over $20 but because I knew Walmart started the whole price reduction for online and in store and the BB employee was kinda being a douche I just stuck with it till they did me right.

1981d

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
After getting shot down in store I called customer service and gave them the customer service pin from my receipt. They confirmed that I should have been given the PM under their policy, so now they are mailing me a check for the difference.

fallenapple99

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2013
Just go to target, they have the 16GB for $479 and if you use your target red card you get 5% off that. I got my 32GB at target for $570 pre tax :D $603OTD

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
He's gotta live if the us because we don't get charged an Eco fee and that tax rate seems too high for the states

I am debating drive to buffalo to purchase my iPad Mini Retina because:
a) its cheaper over all
b) 8.75% tax vs 13%
c) the smart case is $10 cheaper
d) I think the applecare+ deductible is cheaper
Do you think I would have to declare it?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I went back today and asked and they said only at the time of purchase (got mine yesterday), so I told the girl I'll go get mine and I'll return it. She then said "ok I can do it" and I got it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.