Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I live in Greenland, and as we actually pay pr. gigabyte downloaded, it is a significant change that Apple isn't providing OSX, iLife, Aperture, etc. updates as single file downloads anymore. All has to go through the d... f...... App Store - I hate the thing!

Anyways, after upgrading to Mavericks, I didn't know the default setting in the App Store preference pane is to "download newly available updates in the background", and for some reason, my Mac Pro keeps upgrading Aperture. Hence, I quickly had used about 5GB (USD27) of download, when I finally found the culprit... App Store. I of course have changed the setting in the preference pane, but still have a problem:

Even though my Aperture is now upgraded to 3.5 (and that actually several times), and it has updated the Aperture library, following the next reboot, the App Store still thinks it needs to update my Aperture??? Of course now I can just ignore it, but it will literally try to update itself over and over.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so, any suggestions to how to fix it???

/Bo

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Thus far about 5 times!

It downloads, installs and says all is fine, then following the next reboot, it starts downloading Aperture 3.5 once again... This of course only happened when the App Store preference pane was set to "Download newly available updates in the background". Once I unchecked that option, the auto downloads stopped, but App Store now says Aperture needs to be updated...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.