Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I am a new iOS 7 user just bought the iPad air. Do you use this feature or not? Safe, full of bugs etc? Sound off

I'm kind of skeptical using it but hell I do already use photostream on iCloud so they already have pictures of me.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I am a new iOS 7 user just bought the iPad air. Do you use this feature or not? Safe, full of bugs etc? Sound off

I'm kind of skeptical using it but hell I do already use photostream on iCloud so they already have pictures of me.

They probably already have your credit card information stored if you make purchases on the iTunes / App Store.

It's encrypted with 256 bit AES encryption, which would take hundreds of years to decrypt.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
On my iPad it says wrong passcode and I can't see it, but on my iPhone I don't have a problem with it. How can I fix this?

My iPad doesn't support keychain as it's still running iOS5 so I can't really help you with that. Sounds like a bug since it seems to be working on your phone. The only thing I can think of is the obvious, restarting your device or even resetting your password, maybe? Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
My iPad doesn't support keychain as it's still running iOS5 so I can't really help you with that. Sounds like a bug since it seems to be working on your phone. The only thing I can think of is the obvious, restarting your device or even resetting your password, maybe? Sorry I can't be of more help to you.

I restated it and it's fine. Thanks for your help!

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I am afraid one day former Apple employee would hack iCloud keychain and steal billion of user's personal credit cards, etc. Everything is possible. :apple:

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I am afraid one day former Apple employee would hack iCloud keychain and steal billion of user's personal credit cards, etc. Everything is possible. :apple:

Like someone else said, Apple has your cc with iTunes now. It's amazing how many people will trust an app from the App Store and not Apple.

Djay

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2009
So ensconced with 1Password app, I have not gone the iCloud keychain route.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
And why do you trust the people who made it? Who says they didn't put something in it to steal your info?

read up about Agilebits and 1Password ... it is hands down the best App I have ever bought.

There is nothing sketchy about this awesome Canadian company ... they are rock solid :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.