Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Ok so that's twice in an hour that my new Air has rebooted. Happened when I was downloading an app and again when I was using an app. Never had this issue with my Ipad 4.
Is this an iOS issue that will be fixed in the future or should I do a return?

Last edited:

BC-2

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2012
Did a red color scroll across the screen followed by blue and then it rebooted? Because mine has done that once so far.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
It hasn't rebooted in the last hour whilst you tubing, surfing the net and downloading apps so I will give it the benefit of the doubt. I can always rerun it next weekend

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Ok so that's twice in an hour that my new Air has rebooted. Happened when I was downloading an app and again when I was using an app. Never had this issue with my Ipad 4.

I suspect its an iOS 7 issue but if it continues happening then you might want to consider taking it back for a replacement.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England

My third gen. iPad began doing that after I had it for a year. Now it is completely dead.

Take it back now!

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
I've experienced two springboard reboots in the past three days which is more then I have ever had on any iOS device. Find it odd.

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I think its an iOS7 issue

After upgrading to iOS7 on my 4th gen iPad it started rebooting a lot, especially when scrolling through apps and then opening one. I have since sold it to help pay for the Air and found it too reboots when doing something similar (although seems less often than with the 4th gen).

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
It's an iOS 7 issue. My iphone 5s always does this aNd my iphone 5 running 6.03 never ever did this. Has to be an iOS 7 issue that apple hasn't addressed yet with a fix.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Just had the respring apple logo on my air. I get them from time to time on my iphone5s. My friend got one on his 5 last night. All ios7.

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011

You might get a hint if you look here:

General > About> Diagnostic and Usage > Diagnostic and Usage Data

My iPad 3 has been rebooting like that every day since I got iOS7 and there are a ton of "low memory" logs in there. I'll be in the middle of something and then suddenly I get an Apple logo and I have to unlock it and go back to the app I was in.

I'm sad to hear the Air might also suffer from this...

fel10

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
I had this happened to me when I got my air Friday. Happened once, but it hasn't happened ever since. If it happens again, I might exchange for another one.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Do not waste your time exchanging it. I have seen this on so many devices with ios7.
I had this happened to me when I got my air Friday. Happened once, but it hasn't happened ever since. If it happens again, I might exchange for another one.

smacman

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
I had a couple of these reboots on the first day (setup phase) as well. Hasn't happened again in the last couple of days though. I'm pretty sure this is iOS 7 / 64bit transition bugginess as opposed to hardware.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
I would do a clean install of iOS 7 first. And then set up the device as new

arbogast777

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Ive literally never had a problem with an iOS device but mine did almost the same thing the first day I had it. I turned some music on, before I was about to shave, I hit the power button to turn the screen off, and the Apple logo popped up. I thought it had restarted but worse, it RESTORED itself. It hasn't happened since and since I can return it until Jan 7 Im fine just seeing how it works out, but still...

mykelala01

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Is rebooting problem exist in iphone 5s too? Then it must be the A7 64 bit causing it

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Is rebooting problem exist in iphone 5s too? Then it must be the A7 64 bit causing it

Yeah it could be the 64 bit chip. My ipad 4 hasnt crashed on me since I went to IOS7 but then again, my 5s hasnt crashed either.
Anyway, I took mty Air back before I read most of this thread and swopped it out for another one.
If this one continues to do the same I will just live with it and see if a software fix comes out

BC-2

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2012
Yeah it could be the 64 bit chip. My ipad 4 hasnt crashed on me since I went to IOS7 but then again, my 5s hasnt crashed either.
Anyway, I took mty Air back before I read most of this thread and swopped it out for another one.
If this one continues to do the same I will just live with it and see if a software fix comes out

Please keep us posted. Mine has BSOD once but has been flawless since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.