Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LWan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
I apologize if this is a ridiculous question... but I am planning on importing (somehow?) my photo library from airport time capsule into Aperture on my new MBPr. The library is from my old MBP. The library was a merged one, used in aperture and iPhoto. On the back up it is an iPhoto library, not an aperture - does this matter?
Next, how do I do this? I do not want to migrate my old MBP into the new one. I only want photos and iTunes....

Thank you so much.

swordio777

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2013
Scotland, UK
The library was a merged one, used in aperture and iPhoto. On the back up it is an iPhoto library, not an aperture - does this matter?

No, it shouldn't matter. Aperture and iPhoto both read exactly the same type of library file these days. By "merged" library, do you mean managed - where all the photos are inside the library file? If so then the whole thing should be a piece of cake.

Next, how do I do this? I do not want to migrate my old MBP into the new one. I only want photos and iTunes....

As per above - if your old library is managed, with all the photos actually inside the library, then just locate it in the finder using your new MBP and drag the library over to its new home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.