Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cydonianbliss

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
I can't wait until they update iBooks, and Find My Friends. Hopefully these will be soon, now they've finally updated Remote.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
The Remote app is designed really good, but skeuomorphic lovers will bash anything on iOS 7.

I believe they're not skeuomorphic lovers, but rather change haters..

If it would be the other way round (the new design would be the one for iOS1 to 6 and the old one would be the one for iOS7+) they would cry how stupid these 3D effects look, and how all the leather makes them sick.. :rolleyes:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe they're not skeuomorphic lovers, but rather change haters..

If it would be the other way round (the new design would be the one for iOS1 to 6 and the old one would be the one for iOS7+) they would cry how stupid these 3D effects look, and how all the leather makes them sick.. :rolleyes:
Or, you know, there are bad parts to each of those designs.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
2 negatives when using as an ATV remote.

1) The "trackpad" is now white instead of black. This throws too much light into the room.
2) The scrubber/time is no longer on the control screen.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
Yep updated the app last night. It's plagued with the eye straining white and essentially has become useless to me.

By the way we don't dislike iOS 7 because it got rid of skeuomorphism. We hate it because half the stock apps don't work, Battery life has gone down the toilet, the white used is blinding bright even on the lowest brightness settings. As far as iOS 7 goes it's an eye straining bug filled pile of crap. There is no point in defending it either. It's just going to be a long year of nothing but complaints for half the iOS crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.