Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Why dont you try it and let us know. Im sure all the new ipad air owner haven't gotten hands on this yet. Pretty good price for this glass screen protector

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I ordered a pack of Body Shieldz screen protectors from eBay, and they're a thicker plastic than usual. The glass is bound to add some weight, but probably not a lot. Better than nothing... ;)

mr.thing

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
I ordered this Invellop Glass today. Will post pics when it arrives, but will probably take some time as I'm in AU. Costs about $20 delivered.

I was looking for SGP to release GLAS.tR for Air, but this offer from Invellop seems cheap and worth a try.

DoubleDose

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I use these for my DLSRs and they are super awesome for cameras. I've dropped really heavy things on them (lenses usually) and they shatter but don't create any damage on the actual camera.

I'm not going to use on on my ipad unless the Skintomi wrap bugs me. The glass would def add some weight but might be worth it.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Yeah...keep us posted! I have an InvisibleShield HD on my Air right now and I like it a lot. However, I put a Bodyguardz Pure on my 5S and there's just no comparison to the tempered glass. I just won't spend $70 to get a Pure for my Air!

tandeh

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah...keep us posted! I have an InvisibleShield HD on my Air right now and I like it a lot. However, I put a Bodyguardz Pure on my 5S and there's just no comparison to the tempered glass. I just won't spend $70 to get a Pure for my Air!

Im guessing everyone is using the same stuff, and just brand it and charge extortionate amounts for the brand (a bit like Apple *cough* cough*) after a bad experience with Martin Fields on my iPad 3 (peeling) and rainbow effect, i'm just not going to overspend again (especially after the Ipad 4 surprise knocking a great deal of resale value off my ipad 3). So may just go for this cheap one, how clear was the bodyguards and was it a grease magnet (the above should be similar) and worth testing for the price.

now i just need to wait for this and Anker Ultra Slim iPad Air Case in UK (and hopefully gen 2 with auto sleep) and i can buy Air (not going to buy first and end up scratching it like last time).

tandeh

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
update : this screen protector is worth the money is crystal clear adds strength to the Air glass maybe adds a little weight but not noticeable here some pics :)

[url=http://imageshack.com/a/img690/1896/le4z.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://imageshack.com/a/img96/8310/c0wm.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://imageshack.com/a/img818/1402/2t1t.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://imageshack.com/a/img843/1342/it4p.jpg]Image[/URL]

Wow looks ace, how easy is it to install, also is the adhesive only on the bezel?, also anyone know any UK stockist

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
From the pics it looks like they didn't make a cutout for the front-camera. Can you test image quality?

In my own experience, I've found glass protectors to be great for what they are, but completely unnecessary. The stock glass is strong enough, and unless you work in an environment where things are going to be dropping on your ipad on the regular (I can't even imagine a scenario, maybe a metal work shop) you probably won't need one.

I owned the Spigen glass TR for my iphone 5, and while it was thin, it added a considerable heftiness to my phone in terms of everyday feel. It also changed the appearance of text, wherein all the text seemed rounded-out and slightly magnified. Not a bad thing, mind you, but just different from the un-glassed experience.

But if you guys need it, they are def better than plastic.

Speedy Gonzalez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Alligator Bayou
Yes the adhesive is on the bezel and it was very easy to install

We know the front camera sucks anyway but I don't think the glass change the quality or make it worst how do you upload pics from the ipad?

sammybaddy

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
I just installed the invellop tempered glass screen protector for the ipad air. Install was easy. The camera does not have a cutout, but the camera looks okay to me.

I do see rainbow effects on the screen. On bright apps/pages its fine, but on darker ones I can definitely see rainbows.

The protector is held by adhesive on the edges. The borders are colored black or white to hide the adhesive. The transparent part of the protector doesn't stick to the screen. It just sits on it and is why rainbow effects start to develop. As you move your finger around the screen, the rainbows move with it.

The protector is good as a screen protector though.

I was expecting something like the iLoome flexible glass protector that I have on my iPhone, but this isn't it.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Im guessing everyone is using the same stuff, and just brand it and charge extortionate amounts for the brand (a bit like Apple *cough* cough*) after a bad experience with Martin Fields on my iPad 3 (peeling) and rainbow effect, i'm just not going to overspend again (especially after the Ipad 4 surprise knocking a great deal of resale value off my ipad 3). So may just go for this cheap one, how clear was the bodyguards and was it a grease magnet (the above should be similar) and worth testing for the price.

now i just need to wait for this and Anker Ultra Slim iPad Air Case in UK (and hopefully gen 2 with auto sleep) and i can buy Air (not going to buy first and end up scratching it like last time).

I am immensely impressed by the Bodyguardz Pure on my 5S. It's like it's not there at all. Completely clear and feels like the glass as though it isn't protected. No chipping...great stuff. Just can't justify the cost for the Air.

After hearing a bit about the Invelop, I'm gonna stick with the InvisibleShield HD I already have installed.

Speedy Gonzalez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Alligator Bayou
I just installed the invellop tempered glass screen protector for the ipad air. Install was easy. The camera does not have a cutout, but the camera looks okay to me.

I do see rainbow effects on the screen. On bright apps/pages its fine, but on darker ones I can definitely see rainbows.

The protector is held by adhesive on the edges. The borders are colored black or white to hide the adhesive. The transparent part of the protector doesn't stick to the screen. It just sits on it and is why rainbow effects start to develop. As you move your finger around the screen, the rainbows move with it.

The protector is good as a screen protector though.

I was expecting something like the iLoome flexible glass protector that I have on my iPhone, but this isn't it.

you right I see the rainbows now is not noticeable when using more when the screen is off and you cleaning the glass something I find weird is that my screen doesn't look as bright as before I guess is the double glass

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
you right I see the rainbows now is not noticeable when using more when the screen is off and you cleaning the glass something I find weird is that my screen doesn't look as bright as before I guess is the double glass

Ultimately, the rainbows are there because the glass is not adhered to the screen completely...only around the edges. The Bodyguards Pure (and the Spigen Glas.t) adhere to the screen completely with some sort of clear adhesive that doesn't leave a residue when removed. That adherence removes the rainbow effect and effectively makes the protector part of the display. Same as InvisibleShield HD.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I'm getting a few items for my iPad air from invellop and they are giving me a full refund if I review it.
2aja4ugy.jpg

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
iPad Air tempered glass

The glad screen protector has a grid effect but hopefully that goes away after some time. It took me 5 times to re apply it until I saw no dust. The glass screen protector shows the dust but no bubble around it like plastic screen protectors. I like it!
tynu5ava.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.