Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
how do you make the ipad air stop buzzing when it receives emails? ive received about 50 emails this morning and i can't turn it off... it's driving me crazy

if it does it one more time, i'm throwing it through the window

----------

and yes, i've searched through every settings menu... i tried turning "do not disturb" on...

the only thing i can find is to change the ringtone when you receive mails, but i don't see anything that tells it to stop buzzing

i'm using Mailbox, by the way, not apple's Mail app

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
how do you make the ipad air stop buzzing when it receives emails? ive received about 50 emails this morning and i can't turn it off... it's driving me crazy

if it does it one more time, i'm throwing it through the window

----------

and yes, i've searched through every settings menu... i tried turning "do not disturb" on...

the only thing i can find is to change the ringtone when you receive mails, but i don't see anything that tells it to stop buzzing

i'm using Mailbox, by the way, not apple's Mail app

Go into settings, notification center, and search for the app. There you'll be able to customize its notification settings.

yth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
finally!

Mailbox doesn't have its own settings menu. Instead, you go into the program and click on settings, then turn vibrate off.

OMFG... I received 72 emails this morning. I had my iphone and ipad out and they were both buzzing, but at slightly different times... It was driving me insane.

That's 144 notifications in 4 hours = 1 buzz every 2 minutes...

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
finally!

Mailbox doesn't have its own settings menu. Instead, you go into the program and click on settings, then turn vibrate off.

OMFG... I received 72 emails this morning. I had my iphone and ipad out and they were both buzzing, but at slightly different times... It was driving me insane.

That's 144 notifications in 4 hours = 1 buzz every 2 minutes...

Vibrate, on an iPad? Erm, naw!!

iPhone yes, but not on the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.