Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allan in T.Dot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi all,

Just noticed something and was wondering if it was just me. I'm using a 2011 MBA and a older 2008? MBP. I was previously using Lion and Snow Leopard respectively. After upgrading to Mavericks, I looked at my battery icon and I've been getting repeated "Service Battery" notifications that I did not see in the older OS. Anyone have similar issues?

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hi all,

Just noticed something and was wondering if it was just me. I'm using a 2011 MBA and a older 2008? MBP. I was previously using Lion and Snow Leopard respectively. After upgrading to Mavericks, I looked at my battery icon and I've been getting repeated "Service Battery" notifications that I did not see in the older OS. Anyone have similar issues?

Yep, got the same thing on my 2008 MBP; had it happen in the past when I upgraded to ML, disappeared when I went back to SL.:confused:

Now I updated to Mav and its baaaacccckkkkk. However, the battery appears to be functioning as before so I am just ignoring it for now.

eecyclone

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
My mid-09 macbook pro started having a service battery indicator about a year ago. I think it happened shortly after the upgrade to mountain lion. It comes and goes sporadically, but it still seems to be working the same. The only issue is it doesn't always tell me how much time I have left on the battery or how what percentage is remaining. I'm waiting for it to conk out and then I will be upgrading to a rMBP.

SolRayz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
I have the same "Service Battery" warning since upgrading to Mavericks on my Mid '09 MBP. I'm surprised this hasn't garnered more attention in MR's.:confused:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The "Service Battery" indicator will appear when your battery health drops below 80%. That has been true sine long before Mavericks.

jkkool

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
Why there is service Battery on my MBP after maverick

I just noticed that, i never opened battery sign since ages, i was just looking though it and found that, what is that for any clue.:mad::apple:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 14.19.31.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 14.19.31.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 896

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Count me in on this too. I just noticed it. Definitely wasn't there last night though. Since it seems widespread I'll just ignore it for now.

Edit: I just checked it again and its now displaying a time.

jkkool

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
Count me in on this too. I just noticed it. Definitely wasn't there last night though. Since it seems widespread I'll just ignore it for now.

Edit: I just checked it again and its now displaying a time.

I was selling my MBP and reinstalled Maverick, after that its gone, then last week i bought new rMBP and its fine there, so may be if you reinstall your OSX you will get rid of it, but let it stay there its doing nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.