Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
XtraFinder stopped working correctly with Mavericks. I really need an app to make all folders go to the top. Any ideas? Thanks!

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
It says it is but therrs lots of issues... I love it but once I upgraded to mavericks it doesn't work properly.

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
It is but folders on top as well as a few other features don't work or don't work properly.

It does have some glitches, but for the most part it works as advertised on my computer (a non-supported Mac Pro 1,1 running Mavericks). Some people seem to have a worse experience than others, some even reporting odd error messages, etc. Unfortunately, I can't provide any solutions for such shortcomings, as I haven't experienced them myself. In any case, it seems to me that beating the quality/price ratio of XtraFinder is hard to accomplish, considering the would-be competitors can't really guarantee a trouble-free ride for everyone in every possible scenario.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
It does have some glitches, but for the most part it works as advertised on my computer (a non-supported Mac Pro 1,1 running Mavericks). Some people seem to have a worse experience than others, some even reporting odd error messages, etc. Unfortunately, I can't provide any solutions for such shortcomings, as I haven't experienced them myself. In any case, it seems to me that beating the quality/price ratio of XtraFinder is hard to accomplish, considering the would-be competitors can't really guarantee a trouble-free ride for everyone in every possible scenario.

I'm not disagreeing that XtraFinder is the best option out there. The fact is OP wants folders on top and XtraFinder doesn't support that in Mavericks at the moment, if it's seriously worth $20 for them to sort folders in that way I'm not gonna try and convince them otherwise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.