Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDadd3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
Hi Guys,

So I know the retina Mini is out but I have the option of getting a brand new iPad Mini first gen for 239, wondering if it's worth it for me to pay an extra 200$ for the retina? I basically use the iPad as a consumption device, reading, annotating pdf's, once in a while movies. Nothing crazy.

Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Get retina. Reading is the one task that really highlights the screen difference, especially when text is relatively small.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I hope you get some good advice,,,,, but it you look at the page full of messages, you will notice that TITLES are important. Try to make your next one descriptive.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Hi Guys,

So I know the retina Mini is out but I have the option of getting a brand new iPad Mini first gen for 239, wondering if it's worth it for me to pay an extra 200$ for the retina? I basically use the iPad as a consumption device, reading, annotating pdf's, once in a while movies. Nothing crazy.

Sorry if this isnt the right place to post this.

The retina mini is not released yet, it has only been announced

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
Not just screen. Skips over two generations of processors. Won't get left behind anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.