Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
It's that time of year again and i'm dying to get iPhone's for all my family members. We've all be carrying the iPhone 4 on Verizon since day one and iOS7, though nice, is terrible slow and laggy; not to mention absent from Siri and Maps navigational features.

Any deals, not just iPhone, though preferred, are appreciated. I'd love to get everyone in my family something Apple related, knowing they each could use certain things. Such as my aunt is dying for an 11inch MacBook Air. My dad would love a 15inch Retina MacBook Pro. Sis would benefit from an iPad Mini Retina (as could I).

Justin33

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
If anybody hears of the iPad Air being on sale somewhere, I'd be very interested in that.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
It's that time of year again and i'm dying to get iPhone's for all my family members. We've all be carrying the iPhone 4 on Verizon since day one and iOS7, though nice, is terrible slow and laggy; not to mention absent from Siri and Maps navigational features.

Any deals, not just iPhone, though preferred, are appreciated. I'd love to get everyone in my family something Apple related, knowing they each could use certain things. Such as my aunt is dying for an 11inch MacBook Air. My dad would love a 15inch Retina MacBook Pro. Sis would benefit from an iPad Mini Retina (as could I).

Wow that would be a few great gifts.#

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
This is a great idea. And it's very exciting! Apple always participates in these events with aggressive discounting. I'm hoping for a $100 off the new iPads and maybe $150 off a new iPhone. Macs usually 15% discounts at least so some great buying opportunities there to bring the latest technology to your personal computing ecosystem.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
This is a great idea. And it's very exciting! Apple always participates in these events with aggressive discounting. I'm hoping for a $100 off the new iPads and maybe $150 off a new iPhone. Macs usually 15% discounts at least so some great buying opportunities there to bring the latest technology to your personal computing ecosystem.

15% discounts? seriously? never heard of apple being aggressive with discounts.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Huh?

I assume you forgot to add LOL. In my memory - back to the beginning of Black Friday - Apple NEVER discounts "aggressively" Maybe $100 on a Macbook Pro (maybe), maybe a few cables discounted (like last year I got the earbuds that are now included with the iPhone 5S and I assume 5C and a cable I forget which. Sometime Amazon has a few Apple products discounted. Best Buy usually has 20% off iTunes gift cards - but no way you're going to get to give magnanimously any of the newer iPhones. Sorry.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

You are very wrong.

15% discounts? seriously? never heard of apple being aggressive with discounts.

See my comment above.

Read through their post history and you'll see pretty much all their posts are just nonsense.

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire

Here in the UK this is what Apple were offering last year.

Apple was offering its MacBook Air laptop for £768, a reduction of £81. Its iPad was discounted by £31 to £368, while the iPod Nano was reduced from £129 to £118

Not big savings at all

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
black friday always disappoints me. I hardly ever see anything good and when I do the store has like 2 to sell just to get people to go there. seems like a waste of time to me.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Just throwing this out there, but if you have a Discover card, there's currently a rolling category on online purchases: 5% back.

That stacks on top of the current deals they have through ShopDiscover (Apple, Best Buy, and Target garner an additional 5% back, for example). So a $1500 rMBP would essentially cost you $1350 =)

Of course if you factor in tax, you'd really only be saving 3-6% (unless you're lucky and live in or near a tax free state).

But hey, if there are some deals on Black Friday, you could definitely come out with some decent savings, all things considered!

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Usually Apple does light discounts on items, best bet is to look around at stores. Got an iPod Touch for $100 off one year at a grocery store!

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
black Friday

Anyone know if there are discounts on the main continent of Europe?

Epic26

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Stormfront (APR in UK) are offering discounts (not gift cards) on macs/iPads/iPods. Also 10% off of non-apple items in the store too...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.